Worst case scenario for us regards other clubs signings from

In all honesty I`m not in the least bit concerned who our opponents buy.
I am very happy,compared to last season,as to who we have actually brought in and certainly as the only team so far to have fully strengthened our squad,although it could be argued that another decent centre half could help.
If I was a supporter of the other chasing packs,Chelsea,Arsenal,Spurs,Everton and Liverpool, I would be shitting myself,at the thought of our transfer business.As for United,well I aint too worried in the least.
Even with Fabregas as a potential signing,just look at every position and do a comparison with our team.Would you really swap any like for like player,apart from maybe RVP ??
You`ll do for me Sky Blues.Never felt more confident than this season.

oakiecokie said:
I am very happy,compared to last season,as to who we have actually brought in and certainly as the only team so far to have fully strengthened our squad,although it could be argued that another decent centre half could help.
If I was a supporter of the other chasing packs,Chelsea,Arsenal,Spurs,Everton and Liverpool, I would be shitting myself,at the thought of our transfer business.As for United,well I aint too worried in the least.
Even with Fabregas as a potential signing,just look at every position and do a comparison with our team.Would you really swap any like for like player,apart from maybe RVP ??

I genuinely feel this season we will see our full potential utilised, which is important.

We've had a better squad than the rags for a couple of seasons now, but I really feel now is the time we'll get them all pulling in the same direction! As much as I love Bobby Manc, his reign was rife with problems in getting this to happen.

bondsman said:
Chelsea plus Rooney will be a huge threat.

If bale goes to Madrid I can see Ronaldo back at the swamp and if they sign fabregas as well then fuck me they will have a great shout.

Arsenal plus Suarez and Bernard could be a different animal.

I'm not sure how much stronger we really are.

So how can you see how much stronger the others are ?

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
bondsman said:
Chelsea plus Rooney will be a huge threat.

If bale goes to Madrid I can see Ronaldo back at the swamp and if they sign fabregas as well then fuck me they will have a great shout.

Arsenal plus Suarez and Bernard could be a different animal.

I'm not sure how much stronger we really are.

So how can you see how much stronger the others are ?

Chelsea are stronger than us at present IMO they should have been last year but for the managerial madness. Mourinho will get the best out of the best squad in the league.

The others will be strengthened if they sign the players I mention. Who honestly knows how good out signings will be they have never played in the prem before and we still have shite like Garcia kolarov and Sinclair in our ranks plus I don't think dzeko or nasri would get in Chelsea or uniteds first 11 s. I hope our signings do the business but for most city fans they are unknowns

Wonder what odds I could get on Fabregas staying at Barca, Bale staying at Spurs and Suarez staying at Liverpool? Might be worth a butcher's.

Goo said:
oakiecokie said:

I genuinely feel this season we will see our full potential utilised, which is important.

We've had a better squad than the rags for a couple of seasons now, but I really feel now is the time we'll get them all pulling in the same direction! As much as I love Bobby Manc, his reign was rife with problems in getting this to happen.
Exactly. You win a league by consistently beating the teams you should beat. And us, Chelsea and the rags should all consistently beat every other team in the league. I have no doubt that head-to-head, we're a better team and a better squad than either of them, and if the league was just the 3 of us playing each other all season, we'd win comfortably. But it isn't, and that's why talking about the fact that a certain team is marginally better in a certain position is irrelevant. The real question is how well the team fits together. And I'm confident that the players we've bought so far will make the team more balanced and address the issues we had last season.

Hart of the matter said:
I am very happy with our signings and currently believe we could well win Premiership again if all things stay the same. But what if the other contenders sign their main targets?

Chelsea - add Rooney, not convinced they improve that much

United - add Fabregas - minus Rooney - could be a great upgrade but not sure about style they will play. Baines and Mop stop replacements rather than strengthening

Arsenal - add Suraz - would raise them a level. Makes for a genuine 4 way competition. Knocks any lingering hopes of Liverpool pushing on.

Spurs - no change, need a striker but paulinho is the real deal.

Thoughts?

Chelsea and Rags will be there or there abouts

Le Arse not sure addition of suarez alone is not sufficient

Spuds will be decent always are

Overall unless Us, Rags or Chelski have a howler of a season then it between us cabt split us

bondsman said:
Chelsea are stronger than us at present IMO they should have been last year but for the managerial madness. Mourinho will get the best out of the best squad in the league.

The others will be strengthened if they sign the players I mention. Who honestly knows how good out signings will be they have never played in the prem before and we still have shite like Garcia kolarov and Sinclair in our ranks plus I don't think dzeko or nasri would get in Chelsea or uniteds first 11 s. I hope our signings do the business but for most city fans they are unknowns
Dzeko and Nasri don't get in our first eleven, so why would you expect them to get into theirs? Although just for the record, Dzeko would start for Chelsea (8 goals for Torres in the league last season) and Nasri would start for the rags ahead of a Paul Scholes who's pushing 40. But the fact that you're comparing players that aren't starters for us to their starting eleven should tell you everything you need to know. If Mata and Hazard are injured, who plays for them in those positions? Certainly no-one of the class of Nasri or even Milner.

blueparrot said:
I still think Chelsea need to improve defensively, If Cahill and Terry are the centre backs any team with pace should be able to get at them. Cech too isn;t the keeper he was
Cech is still a very good keeper. One of the best in Europe last season.

Watch shedloads of Chelsea last season and if they get Rooney and another CB they will be right in the mix in the league and in Europe. Hazard for me will be a Balon Dor contender over the next 5 years. Special talent.

To improve they need Rooney definitely, instant big impact there.
Need a very good holding midfielder, they get De Rossi and that's a possible Makelele masterstroke when nobody's expecting something massive but it happens.
A CB is a must, more so than the midfield signing imo, they need a top CB in early to mid twenties to be the man at the back once Terry caps off. A big talent, for me it's Hummels, Chelsea have to make that happen to be an elite club. Luiz is a player as we all know but he needs coaching defensively to sort his frailties, being as Jose doesn't want him to play at midfield. Hummels and Luiz is superb partnership. A Puyol and Pique but better imo.

NipHolmes said:
blueparrot said:
I still think Chelsea need to improve defensively, If Cahill and Terry are the centre backs any team with pace should be able to get at them. Cech too isn;t the keeper he was
Cech is still a very good keeper. One of the best in Europe last season.

Watch shedloads of Chelsea last season and if they get Rooney and another CB they will be right in the mix in the league and in Europe. Hazard for me will be a Balon Dor contender over the next 5 years. Special talent.

To improve they need Rooney definitely, instant big impact there.
Need a very good holding midfielder, they get De Rossi and that's a possible Makelele masterstroke when nobody's expecting something massive but it happens.
A CB is a must, more so than the midfield signing imo, they need a top CB in early to mid twenties to be the man at the back once Terry caps off. A big talent, for me it's Hummels, Chelsea have to make that happen to be an elite club. Luiz is a player as we all know but he needs coaching defensively to sort his frailties, being as Jose doesn't want him to play at midfield. Hummels and Luiz is superb partnership. A Puyol and Pique but better imo.

First thing Moutiniho will do it too togithen them up - Mata - Hazard and Oscar cant see them 3 all playing at once. Lots of runours at De Rossi which makes sense and if they get Rooney i think they could well win it

If i had to put money on it

Chelski
City
Rags

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.