Worst case scenario for us regards other clubs signings from

bluemooninho said:
Knew it was only a matter of time....His stats speak volumes. I have purposefully not selected any players that are unknowns in the PL but I can see Fernandinho being a better player for us this season than any of the counterparts for other teams around us (kagawa, lampard, Arteta etc.)
Stats don't tell the whole story though.

Best winger this season Giggs or Navas?

Better striker this season Torres or Henry?

Lampard will do well to start 11 games.

Mr. Aguia said:
Daz_Blue said:
malg said:
I fancy Chelsea now, but if they get Rooney they'll walk it.

We have beat Chelsea 4 times already this calender year ...... just because they now have big mouth makes the players they have better ..... ?

But 2 of them were friendlys that don't count and many of their top players didn't paly(more than ours). They also didn't have Mourinho either and he will certainly improve them. They are our biggest competition.
1. We both used bench players ffs.
2. And Pellegrini won't?
What I'm reading is stuff I would expect to read from a Chelsea fan, not a City fan.

I can't believe that this thread has gone to more than one page. We will absolutely walk the premiership. All the big name players are either spoken for or going elsewhere in Europe so only Chelsea can seriously improve (by signing Rooney) and even then their squad and first team will be miles behind ours which was the best first XI last season and is now even better. I'd be surprised if we haven't won by April.

SWP's back said:
hgblue said:
I'm in the minority that's not doing cartwheels about our summer signings. Fabregas, Suarez and Pepe and we piss the League for a similar spend. As it stands I'm leaning towards Chelsea, especially if they sign Rooney, because Mourinho will get him firing again.
Don't want Suarez

Fabergas doesn't want to leave Barca

If Pepe is for sale, we shall still buy him.

I am very pleased you are not in charge of scouting as it appears to be "who have I heard of? Yes, buy him." As opposed to "what do we need, who will fit"

Well that has to be a first on the transfer forum.

Honestly some of you need to strap on a few pairs. If Chelsea walk the league it will because our entire team has caught malaria, not because they signed fucking Rooney.

Graceyboy said:
I dont think people are looking at our squad correctly.

The value of the squad is far greater now than the sum of its parts from our league winning season (even after offloading Tevez and Balotelli).

The desire in our squad now is bubbling after last years fiasco. The need to perform for us and the new gaffer is imense.

I dont care who Chelski bring in, or who the rags dupe into joining their gravytrain, I don't think any club has got anywhere near our spirit and desire.

We have picked up players who are on their way up and are eager to win some top honours for the first time. We have players who love this club and are genuinely remorseful of the sham of last season and want to put it right. We have players who see they have a second chance under pellers and will be giving it all.

In summary

The futures bright, the futures Blue (or black on some days)

I'm with you. People are too hung up of "names". Tevez isn't the player he was 3 years ago. He's not gonna score 20 goals in the PL again. Balo has always been more prospect than actual production. They gave us 12 goals combined last year. Let's not lose our minds. If Jovetic and Negredo don't give us 6 goals each then we can all jump off a bridge.

NMB said:
I can't believe that this thread has gone to more than one page. We will absolutely walk the premiership. All the big name players are either spoken for or going elsewhere in Europe so only Chelsea can seriously improve (by signing Rooney) and even then their squad and first team will be miles behind ours which was the best first XI last season and is now even better. I'd be surprised if we haven't won by April.
I like this type of guy. Hope he is right!

NoahCity said:
NMB said:
I like this type of guy. Hope he is right!

Me too! This thread is a Chelski wank fest!
Ffs sort it out lads - we have one of the best squads in the world now, watch us top the prem and do well in the chumps league too!

Two weeks on and still no movement on any of these. Looks more like Man United with Afro Kid and Biffo Baines, with fab being nothing more than a damp dream for the Rags. Still do not see Rooney to Chelsea as a title clincher. Count Suarez to the Arse could make a difference but still think we have the best balanced squad.

I think we could improve on three areas of the team,left back,centre half and left wing,however ,I still believe we have the best squad,and a manager capable of getting the best out of it,i'm confident we'll win the league.

Do not under estimate the influence fergie's loss will have - Moyes isn't a patch on him. It has never been in his make up to attack teams like fergie did. Look at his recored against the top 6 teams. we were the only team he seemed to have a bit of a jinx over - Even when he had a so called better team than Liverpool his record in the derbies was rubbish.

Mourinho will make a difference but he also has some issues - players who used to playe for him like terry / Lampard may expect to play more and that may cause issues. Mourinho would not normally like to play Mata, Oscar and Haxard together. If they get Rooney and thats a big if as rags will not want to sell to Chavz. Then they will have aproper 20-30 goals a season CF so he will make a difference.

Arsenal with saurez would be better but he misses first 6 games and not sure how he will integrate to their system and what his influence within the dressing room will be - he will also be on lots more money than anyone else .

People who look at our signings and are not happy need to look properly -

We have signed a class winger - something we desperately needed
we have signed a box to box midfielder who should be ready made to replace barry
Jovetic and Negredo should offer us more up front than tevez and balo did last season

Only issue for me is real quality at CB if Komps carries on with nigly injuries

Think we will win the league but it will be close

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.