Worst City players you remember

Ruthless said:
I've gotta say there are loads but these were the dregs managers were trying to bring in to transform an average team with, you cant buy a ferrari with mondeo money, some that spring to mind

1. Ben Haim - absolutely terrible in a city shirt
2. Martin O'Neil - an absolute fairy in an era when you were allowed to tackle n tackle hard a midfielder that was afraid to get dirty
3. RSC - Biggest waste of money by any club of all time
4. Paul Power - Another fairy but great tash n lived off the fact he scored the free kick against Ipswich that took us to Wembly

Now for a controvertial one most over rated player in a City shirt....... Stephen Ireland!!!!! One average season out of how many and everyone thinks he was the next messiah, where is this world superstar now? Sometimes if he's lucky he gets to warm the bench of a team down at the foot of the table. And the cheeky shite slagged us off when he went and said he'd made a forward move

yes yes yes YES !!! perfect. the bloke was hopeless for years.

Sorry but I've finished up with a dream team of:-

Barry Silkman
Christian Negoui
Steve McManaman

Imagine what damage those 3 in midfield could have inflicted together if this dream selection had ever seen the light of day on a pitch donned as our sky blue heroes. I can just see the opposition quaking in their boots - St Cath's (Didsbury) primary school reserves that is. That was about their level.

Add Jo and Lee Bradbury up front - truly fearsome.

Ronnie Healey in goal - couldn't kick and guaranteed to throw one in occasionally

Edgehill and Frontzsec full backs

Paul Futcher and Ged Brannan at centre halves

Now I know why i always used to need a few pints of anaesthetic before the regular maine road nighnnares we had to endure. My love for City must be incredibly strong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.