Worst City players you remember

I've been avoiding this thread since it started, too many bad memories.
But I couldn't get Phil Boyer out of my mind and had to see if anybody else shared my pain. Commiserations R.Soled! Bought because he wasn't cup-tied if I remember. We soon found out why, Southampton (I think) knew better than to play him!
For some reason I had forgotten about 'world player of the year' George Weah. I always seem to forget about him!

I've gotta say there are loads but these were the dregs managers were trying to bring in to transform an average team with, you cant buy a ferrari with mondeo money, some that spring to mind

1. Ben Haim - absolutely terrible in a city shirt
2. Martin O'Neil - an absolute fairy in an era when you were allowed to tackle n tackle hard a midfielder that was afraid to get dirty
3. RSC - Biggest waste of money by any club of all time
4. Paul Power - Another fairy but great tash n lived off the fact he scored the free kick against Ipswich that took us to Wembly

Now for a controvertial one most over rated player in a City shirt....... Stephen Ireland!!!!! One average season out of how many and everyone thinks he was the next messiah, where is this world superstar now? Sometimes if he's lucky he gets to warm the bench of a team down at the foot of the table. And the cheeky shite slagged us off when he went and said he'd made a forward move

Hard to think of anyone else but Jo at the moment, particularly considering the fee alongside his general gutlessness and embarrassing injury-feigning.

Bobby (Bent Head) Owen; Gordon Davis; Mick Channon;
Joe Corrigan (Big daft Joe) before Harry Gregg sorted hom out on loan to Shrewsbury. Mike Robinson; Stuart Lee; Barney Daniels; Margetson; Geoff Hammond; Paul Hince; Ian Mellor

msl said:
Cambridgeblue said:
Ben Thatcher
Rolando Bianchi
Jo

Mate, if those are your worst 3 then you have lead a charmed life as a City fan!

I'm pondering over who'd fail to make it at non-league before we came and muscled off the competition out of this bunch of mooks...

Eddie McGoldrick,
Lauren Charvet,
Christian Negoui,
Alain Toure (no relation I hope),
Lee Bradbury,
Jamie Pollock (How this guy EVER managed to don the City armband just defies belief!),
Ged Brannan,
Alan Bailey (So good, he bagged 2 for County against us in about '97!)

Thank you gentlemen for allowing me to relive the horror of my youth with this thread

Thatcher cos he was a talentless thug and imo the worst player I've seen in a City shirt.

Bianchi because of the waste of money he represented at the time and the knock on effect it had on what could have been a great season under Sven. Given our start to that season it was the first time I ever felt we could be on the brink of something big after years of relegation battles and mid table mediocrity. For that reason Bianchi is in my top 3.

Jo is there because he is, imho, our record bad buy, at least RSC had some sort of proven Premiership record to justify his fee. Robinho may have cost more but he did give us a few magic moments I will never forget, plus we did recoup a decent amount from his sale.

Pigeonho said:
Reading the Jo threads prompted me to try and think if he is in my top 3 worst City players I can remember seeing. There will be opinions on worse players of all time, based on word of mouth, archive footage etc, but actually seeing a player since going to watch City, who are your worst 3?

I am instantly putting Jo in mine. The man is garbage, a complete waste of time and should be ashamed to be receiving the wage he does, as well as being able to call himself a footballer. Might sound dramatic but I would say there are physically fit City fans waking up this morning in modest houses, going to an everyday job who could do better for us than Jo has done, yet he gets to wake up in his luxury home, do a few hours training before driving back in his luxury car, probably to snuggle up to some fit piece of arse later on. It should actually be a crime this man gets to live that lifestyle, based on his performances he puts into what is his job. If we put the same lack of work into our jobs, we'd be carted. Fact. SO yeah, Jo is in my top 3 and alongside him I am going to put Jason van Blerk and David Brightwell. In no particular order.

HA! Fucking brilliant. I am officially never naming the man who claims to be a Brazilian publically again. He's that bad, that he doesn't even warrant being named. Add to that, he doesn't even warrant having a name.

BUT,

I've still seen worse

ribbo said:
Bobby (Bent Head) Owen; Gordon Davis; Mick Channon;
Joe Corrigan (Big daft Joe) before Harry Gregg sorted hom out on loan to Shrewsbury. Mike Robinson; Stuart Lee; Barney Daniels; Margetson; Geoff Hammond; Paul Hince; Ian Mellor

Bit harsh that...scored quite a few for us.

You do mean the moustachioed striker from Chelsea don't you?

When you compare him with Adrian Sheath...

What about Perry Suckling . not a bad sot stopper but used to kick every goal kick to their forwards .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.