Worst mistake ever by a City player?

Bluewonder said:
Carver said:
Lescott's header for qpr's cisse to run on to and make it 1-1 after 48 min.

Nah, that was the best mistake!

We were 1-0 up. Stupid me for actually beginning to think that nothing could go wrong. If aguero didn't have to score to win it and it was the goal that put the icing on the cake i don't think i would have jumped up and down so much and over balanced to land 2 rows down on my head. Bring in safe standing!

Vonks back header into the path of cuntona in the Maine road derby we lost 3-2.......brought them right back into it.
Great game though.

BlueTG said:
Bellamy's little girls fairy attempt of a tackle to try and win the ball back against Spurs when we lost 1-0 and they scored following that. Had we drawn that match, I believe we would have qualified that season for the Chumps league.
Looking back, I'm glad we didn't win that game.

We would have been torn to shreds if we'd qualified.

Hughes taking off Nigel de Jong in the 4-3 derby minutes before Michael Owen scored to win United the game.

Gael Clichy, on his Manchester City debut, handing the ball to Nani to win the Community Shield for Manchester United.

Richard Dunne managing to trap the ball past the onrushing David James and into the path of Robert Earnshaw in the last minute against West Brom.

Kiki Musampa giving Dean Ashton three chances to score West Ham's second goal in the FA Cup quarter-final under Stuart Pearce.

Kompany's on-a-plate to Coutinho in the 3-2. Could have lost us the title, that.

Everything Joey Barton did between August 2006 and May 2007.

Ben Haim laying the ball on a plate for Daniel Cousin in the 2-2 against Hull City.

Richard Dunne volleying into his own goal quite spectacularly against Newcastle in a 2-2 draw.

peter.evans said:
Dave Watson heading past big Joe last secs on that frozen pitch Dec 76. Possibly cost us the league as we lost it by one point.

This one has surely raced into the lead.

blue b4 the moon said:
Pollock was bad but brilliant at the same time.

Same game Margetson giving the ball to a QPR forward for a free kick when he was out of his goal.
Both magic moments in the typical city sort of way.

Wio Gumflapdinand said:
The_Mo said:
Its not the worst, but Vinnies and Harts in the last minute at the bernebau against Ronaldo
Are you fucking serious? Hardly call that a mistake, just poor play. Really it is unbelievable, we've had defenders that were more prolific in front of their own goal than our strikers down the right end, a player score a worldly...in his own net, manager telling players to keep ball in corner in last seconds as we are about to be relegated...but some fans mention moments that are mere bumps in road compared to the major turbulence of the shite served before. I'm ranting now...sorry
All minor incidents sent to test us and the reason why I couldn't enjoy or relax during the West Ham game. When I watched it in full on the Monday I couldn't believe how easily we had won the final match. Watching City for all of the above keeps you on the edge of your seat expecting that anything is possible. City mistakes from the past have all been part of life's rich tapestry and experiences that make todays glories so enjoyable. We were there when we were **** and saw them ALL.

david whites spike said:
Vonks back header into the path of c**t in the Maine road derby we lost 3-2.......brought them right back into it.
Great game though.

Thats my vote. My first game too. The ****

lmjones1uk said:
Anyone mentioned Fowlers pen miss in last game of the season which would have taken us into Europe?
It was probably a good thing that he missed. We'd have got relegated the following season with European football mixed in with Stuart Pearce.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.