Worst Pub In Town

Dirty Harry said:
dum spiro spero said:
CTID1988 said:
Im sure its had a refurb and its not called The Piccadilly anymore, ive a weird feeling ive dreamt this though...

I sprayed some Lynx in the bogs once if that counts as a refurb.

I saw them empty a bin as well mate, I think together that should count as a 'refurb' CTID.

Im going to have to have a walk up on my dinner to see if i have actually dreamt it!
It used to be a tradition of ours to have a first pint walking down from piccadilly station in there, guaranteed to pull everytime. It is a shit pub, full of weirdos yeah, but there does always seem to be a table of pissed half decent girls in there

Fridays on Oldham Street is beyond parody. I admit to using it before City as it's cheap as anything - but it's well populated by the absolute dregs of society.

peoffrey said:
Fridays on Oldham Street is beyond parody. I admit to using it before City as it's cheap as anything - but it's well populated by the absolute dregs of society.

Think its called Wave bar now, its "sister bar" is on Portland Street. Both are equally as fantastic...

CTID1988 said:
peoffrey said:

Think its called Wave bar now, its "sister bar" is on Portland Street. Both are equally as fantastic...

I follow a Blue on Twitter who is always on about there. Always knew it as Fridays myself. We were in there before Newcastle last season and there were Blokes in there with bruises on their faces, the lonely sat supping alone and old Women with their shopping bags full of crap. The Staff must see some sights.

Dirty Harry said:
True shithole for me would have to be 'The Piccadilly'.

A fair few years ago I started seeing a lass from Bacup. I was a jobless drug addict at the time (quite the catch for any young lady) so for our first date I brought her to town for a meal and a few drinks in The Piccadilly. Bless her cotton socks, she thought it was 'a bit posh' and when I got her back home (after stopping off for some rumpy pumpy up on the tops) she told her family where I had taken her. I will always remember her mum's response of ' stick with this one our Cath, he must have a bob or two"!

It's a different world up there!

pinkwheeltrim said:
Dirty Harry said:
True shithole for me would have to be 'The Piccadilly'.

A fair few years ago I started seeing a lass from Bacup. I was a jobless drug addict at the time (quite the catch for any young lady) so for our first date I brought her to town for a meal and a few drinks in The Piccadilly. Bless her cotton socks, she thought it was 'a bit posh' and when I got her back home (after stopping off for some rumpy pumpy up on the tops) she told her family where I had taken her. I will always remember her mums response of ' stick with this one our Cath, he must have a bob or two"!

It's a different world up there!

Christ, they must have been thinking of the Palace!

Thinking about it, i think id rather go in one of the shitholes mentioned in here instead of somewhere like Kro Bar or Dukes 92. At least they have personality and the people in them know they are the dickheads of society.

CTID1988 said:
Thinking about it, i think id rather go in one of the shitholes mentioned in here instead of somewhere like Kro Bar or Dukes 92. At least they have personality and the people in them know they are the dickheads of society.

Well said, I prefer those pubs and people far more. Printworks, deansgate locks and dukes are full of people I,d rather not know to put it politely.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.