worst ref decision ever?

ChippyPerthBlue said:
Dyed Petya said:
From almost 40 years ago (it's season 1970/1), but this is another goal given despite the ball not going in the net. The teams are Chelsea and Ipswich and the goal did impact on the final result because Chelsea ended up winning 2-1:

WOW, ref was that side of the goal cannot believe it.

That would cause a riot today,

Yes, it hit the side netting and came back onto the field of play. What surprises me is that the ref got it so wrong from the position he's in - he's perfectly placed to see that it didn't go in.

Can I just add my name to the Despise Alf Grey Society? Disgraceful decision, and later on he gave Liverpool a free kick that wasn't, from which they scored. Over two legs, we lost out by a single goal, the b@stard.

Papa Smurf said:
Deffinitely one of the most important wrong decisions of all time for me. in a world cup final... bastard

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7KeFOdpRPY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7KeFOdpRPY</a>

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7KeFOdpRPY[/youtube]

Given against a side captained by Diego Maradonna, who 4 years earlier had knocked England out of the World Cup with one of the most famous acts of blatant cheating ever to occur in the history of football!

I had no sympathy with the twats at the time & I've still got no sympathy now! Even though it was our arch rivals West Germany, I'm still glad they won that tournament, because it meant that cheating little shit Maradonna went home empty handed!

one of the worst none offside decision i ever saw was at everton 1968, city were winning 1 nil through alan oakes, alan ball received the ball, city players stepped up a full 10 yards at least, leaving ernie hunt waiting for a bus, the ref waved hunt forward and placed it neatly past kenny mulhearn or harry dowd not sure which one, another was at anfield it was our first game of the season after winning the league and charity shield, city were winning 1 nill i think it was either tony coleman or nellie young who smashed the ball from outside the box beating the flying pig tommy lawrence, it hit the station at the back of the net bounced out and the ref was there running up the pitch with hunt and st john on a break, we lost that afternoon 2- 1 goals by the above? i could write a book on bad decisions on city,we have had a couple in our favour but the ones against outnumber massively?

mancunial said:
one of the worst none offside decision i ever saw was at everton 1968, city were winning 1 nil through alan oakes, alan ball received the ball, city players stepped up a full 10 yards at least, leaving ernie hunt waiting for a bus, the ref waved hunt forward and placed it neatly past kenny mulhearn or harry dowd not sure which one, another was at anfield it was our first game of the season after winning the league and charity shield, city were winning 1 nill i think it was either tony coleman or nellie young who smashed the ball from outside the box beating the flying pig tommy lawrence, it hit the station at the back of the net bounced out and the ref was there running up the pitch with hunt and st john on a break, we lost that afternoon 2- 1 goals by the above? i could write a book on bad decisions on city,we have had a couple in our favour but the ones against outnumber massively?

I was at that Liverpool game when that happened I was right behind the goal at the anfield road end. I have had this in my mind all these years thinking did I dream that it happened because there wasnt that much of a fuss made at the time and this is the first time I have read anything about it for years

yea it was an amazing incident everyone went absolutly mad,it was like the referee thought i cannot let them have that or they will win, just goes to show that some of the refereeing hasn,t changed that much, but imagion being a leeds fan in that european cup final against bayern when the ref disallowed a perfectly good goal only to be beaten by 2 gert muller goals after, or the alan wilkie penalty at trafford, it was the 1st united game wilkie had refereed since the cantona kung foo kick incident, well he had to make it up to them didn,t he?
dick slexia said:
mancunial said:

I was at that Liverpool game when that happened I was right behind the goal at the anfield road end. I have had this in my mind all these years thinking did I dream that it happened because there wasnt that much of a fuss made at the time and this is the first time I have read anything about it for years

mancunial said:
one of the worst none offside decision i ever saw was at everton 1968

You are still pissed off about an offside decision from 42 years ago? That is absolutely brilliant! Football is one of the few things that can evoke such fury.

Alf Grey ruined my harrington,had the arm ripped off in the melee that followed his decision.
Clive Allen for Palace in the eighties at Coventry hit the stantion and flew out of the net,he then got booked for complaining.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.