Worst referees ever

Riley. He didn't even hide it. He once gave the rags 8 penalties in 8 consecutive games at the swamp

That match was refereed so one sided it was unbelievable. Such was the bias, I doubt we will ever see a match like it again. Yes, we have seen matches with poor officiating, the Atwell with us v Brighton, I think it was, a couple of seasons ago but the bad tackle after tackle by utd players on arsenal players that went unpunished and then Riley wasn’t challenged in the days after the match, I think shows how powerful Fergie was.

Last edited:
Alf Grey. 1st leg League Cup Semi v Dippers December 1980. Disallowed a perfectly good Kevin Reeves goal for no reason.

He is amongst many.
My brother and I were still celebrating the goal when the ball was at the other end. Nothing wrong with that goal whatsoever.

George Courtney was the first ref I remember being a twat - Liverpool cup game in 88. Pretty sure Barnes handled the ball in the build up to their first and Craig Johnstone got a penalty for nothing to make it 0 - 2.

I was only 8, but old enough to know a twat of a ref when I saw one.
New Year's Day 1985 at Elland Road. Some of ours wouldn't return the ball for a throw in. As soon as the spare arrived, original was thrown at him, totally flattened. He looked at us like a disapproving headmaster as it landed at his feet. Maybe he didn't take to us after that?
Excellent day out though and saw birth of the Peter Lorimer what's it like to be so fat song. Still tickles me today

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.