Worst signing of the season

BoyBlue_1985 said:
aguero93:20 said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
It always will be for the hyped up next English player though. Cant think of many premier league teams that haven't got a useless over costed english player in there side
Just the chavs off the top of mine, they didn't really overpay for any of theirs, still, Redmond cost £3m and he's looked a much better player this season.
Yeah I like him as a player, if we were in for him though he probably would of cost £10 million
Agree with Chavs, 1 of the best left backs ever on a free, bargain stuff
I guess £10 million for Lampard back in 2000 was a fair sum though, got the moneys worth though
£33 million nowadays (going by Suttons fee at a similar time) on the inflation adjuster I've been using for everything else, can't argue it's a fair price now alright, helps they've never really bought English, even pre-abramovich, didn't have the home-grown rules back then that Marwood and Txiki have had to keep in mind when recruiting for us.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Just the chavs off the top of mine, they didn't really overpay for any of theirs, still, Redmond cost £3m and he's looked a much better player this season.
Yeah I like him as a player, if we were in for him though he probably would of cost £10 million
I guess £10 million for Lampard back in 2000 was a fair sum though, got the moneys worth though
£33 million nowadays (going by Suttons fee at a similar time) on the inflation adjuster I've been using for everything else, can't argue it's a fair price now alright, helps they've never really bought English, even pre-abramovich, didn't have the home-grown rules back then that Marwood and Txiki have had to keep in mind when recruiting for us.
Well they did sign Joe Cole, Wayne Bridge, Glen Johnson, Scott Parker in Abramovichs first summer as owner which added to Terry and Lampard. Quite a strong core of English players there
Then SWP, Cole, Sidwell (wtf), Sturridge, Turnbull (cannot believe he has a champions league winners medal), Cahill
Thats not terrible, most of them didn't work out though

BoyBlue_1985 said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Well they did sign Joe Cole, Wayne Bridge, Glen Johnson, Scott Parker in Abramovichs first summer as owner which added to Terry and Lampard. Quite a strong core of English players there
Then SWP, Cole, Sidwell (wtf), Sturridge, Turnbull (cannot believe he has a champions league winners medal), Cahill
Thats not terrible, most of them didn't work out though
Fair point, forgotten that, I was thinking back to the Vialli days when it was only really Wise and Le Saux

I think Daniel Levy's scouting network consists of a few blokes he pays to read the rumours pages of newspapers and forums.

Altidore had played in the league before, so he should have done better, but for the price paid Fellaini has been absolutely shocking. Quite sure I heard an ironic cheer the other night when he headed a clearance in the right direction.

jay_mcfc said:
Stockport mackem said:
Got to be Altidore....surely

Why, what was he a few million? Fellaini at £27m and Soldado at a similar price have been absolutely woeful.

Altidore was £6m. Honestly, I must be worth £1.5m if that valuation is true.
He has scored 1 goal, but played most games

Gabriel said:
Altidore had played in the league before, so he should have done better, but for the price paid Fellaini has been absolutely shocking. Quite sure I heard an ironic cheer the other night when he headed a clearance in the right direction.
He was wank in the league on his previous effort, so I'm not surprised he was just as bad this time around. He just isn't very good at football, it amazes me that in this day and age PL clubs value physicality so highly, when so many useless but physical strikers have failed so miserably

BoyBlue_1985 said:
I agree about Blanc, but Zaha was far from the best player even in the Championship for me last year Ince and Redmond off the top of my head were better, so £15m was stupid money.
It always will be for the hyped up next English player though. Cant think of many premier league teams that haven't got a useless over costed english player in there side

£24m for Sweep back in the day, considering the lack of use they made of him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.