Would Kompany & Richards be a better CB combination?

Richards is not, and never will be, a first choice centre back, and certainly not in a back three. I like the guy, but his main assets are his pace, strength, and timing, his positioning however is pretty poor for a defender, and its the other three assets that get him out of trouble regularly. He is not what I'd call an intelligent defender (footballer).

If we are desperate then he can be used in a central role, but please not as a first choice.

Lomas has a lob on said:
I've got this crazy far fetched idea, it even sounds crazy just writing it, but here goes...............................................

How about we pick our usual back four, you know the one that had the best defensive record in the league last season, and fucking stick with it, give the poor fuckers a run of games together.

Those are exactly my feelings, Mr Lobon.

At least stick with VK and JL. Remember even last season, the full-backs were rotated, but Vinnie and Joleon were the constants, on which our championship campaign was based.

So stick with those two, while they're fit and available.

cleavers said:
de niro said:
our defending has been atrocious, no harm in trying micah..............in vinny's place.
Apart from the fact he's a poor central defender ?
lescott has been better than vinny this season but cos he isnt the captain has been made a bit of a scapegoat... best 4 are richards, kompany, lescott, clichy... end of!!!

The best centre half display i have ever seen was from micah.

In the sven season at home 1-0 against the scum.

He was everywhere and anywhere. He was perfect that day.

Dunne derseves some credit to but fuck me was richards good.

Ive always thought hes a CB. Saying that hes a bloody good right back as well.

Lescott has his weaknesses easily but the fact he cant play in 352 as a defender while Zabba and Clichy can while they have no CB experience or the strength Lescott has is a complete joke by Mancini.

For me Richards' pace is a huge bonus and we can use that pace on the wing so I would use him there most of the time. He is way too injury prone to be first choice central defender.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.