Would Stoke really let us beat them?

I would imagine in a world dominanted by money, pulis wouldnt but their Chairman might well want the millions of extra revenue that a run in europe would bring.

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
What is it with the shite threads today? Course they fookin won't throw it.

Don't be so fucking critical of this thread. If you were Pulis would you prioritise 3 points that means nothing or consider the implications of losing and the Europa League?

Why not add substance to your post instead of being so unqualified in your dismissal of the subject!?

This isn't BFS and Fergie, they will fight to the end make no mistake the games from now on get harder and harder, tension will build, nerves will be like strung piano wire ready to snap. I have no finger nails left and my heart is missing beats but I wouldn't miss it for anything this pressure is far easier than being at the other end of the table. We need to keep winning. CTID (that could be sooner than ever if we keep taking our fucking foot of the gas like we did today).

Rammyblues said:
This isn't BFS and Fergie, they will fight to the end make no mistake the games from now on get harder and harder, tension will build, nerves will be like strung piano wire ready to snap. I have no finger nails left and my heart is missing beats but I wouldn't miss it for anything this pressure is far easier than being at the other end of the table. We need to keep winning. CTID (that could be sooner than ever if we keep taking our fucking foot of the gas like we did today).

Come on though Rammy, If we win the FA Cup, what else do Stoke have to play for? I really respect you as a BM poster but you've got to admit this could be a real quandry for Pulis and Stoke, especially considering the potential revenue at stake.

-- Sun May 01, 2011 10:51 pm --

PSmyth07 said:
No chance.

Why?<br /><br />-- Sun May 01, 2011 11:12 pm --<br /><br />
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
I would imagine in a world dominanted by money, pulis wouldnt but their Chairman might well want the millions of extra revenue that a run in europe would bring.

Exactly my point.

Aussie! said:
Can someone explain this rationale to me please?

If you win the FA Cup, your allocated a Europa cup place. However, if we win it and quality for the champs league through finishing 4th, then the losing finalist will be awarded the Europa cup place.

Now, this would mean we have to finish minimum of 4th for this scenario to happen, so it would be in Stoke "best" interest to lose the league game against us the weekend after the Final and ensure that City finish 4th, and not Tottenham or Liverpool

Seriously hope the champions league spot is secured by then. This has the potential to be one dirty boring game. Imagine how mentally drained both teams will feel playing each other 4 days after the cup final.
One of the teams will be parading the cup under the noses of the beaten finalists, a bizarre situation. And what a dilemma for Stoke if they lose the cup final and city need a win to secure champions league. A City win that would in fact give them a Europa League place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.