Would there ever be a European Super League?

Threeinarow

....Where all the 'Big' Clubs sign up to a European League for a few seasons or forever?

It would determine who really is the Champions of Europe, playing each other on a weekly basis blah blah blah.

If it did happen it would make some domestic leagues much more entertaining and competative.

I think this is a case of never say never.

What do you think?

It will never happen because none of the top teams would want to finish bottom.

Not gonna happen. European cup was created for this season and for me it's good enough. Agreed though it doesn't really measure who's best, but I suppose that's part of the fun.

There will never be an European super league because there is no reason to create one.

What would be the financial advantage for a start?..

We really have one now, and if you look at qualification it would be interesting to see how many new clubs are in it each year, my guess is the figure would be pretty low less than 10%

DontLookBackInAnger said:
We really have one now, and if you look at qualification it would be interesting to see how many new clubs are in it each year, my guess is the figure would be pretty low less than 10%

If we look the four big leagues it´s almost a hegemony..which de facto means that we already got an European superleague under the Uefa banner.

Never. It'd be ultra boring. Liverpool, London, Stretford, Birmingham - I love the rivalry, resentment and rancour of the domestic league. European clubs mean nothing to me in comparison to the English championship.

In another 10+ years anything could happen.

The teams who are in the Champions League, year in year out, who have been in it for years. They are miles ahead of the other teams when it comes down to Champions League experience and the money that it produces.

Could the politics of Europe and the way it's trying to move forward, uniting countries etc not start playing a factor in a European Super League coming together? Yeah, you'll say politics and football stay apart, and I may have the 'politics' thing wrong or mis understood it, but we're not exactly a English League anymore are we. We're a league played in England full of European/worldwide footballers. Soon the best may want to break way and play amoungst themselves and really show how good they are and their clubs amongst the best.

The amount of money involved through sponsors, TV and the clubs who already have billionaire owners wouldn't be a problem, but as always it would be the fans that suffer. Hasn't this been happening for 15 years now anyway?

Who knows, there may even be a Continent Football Tournement of some kind in years to come? A European Team v Americas, Afican v Asia etc etc.

It may never ever happen...but it could...one day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.