Would this be allowed?

Once the taker has kicked the ball, nobody else on City's team can touch the ball until someone on the other team has touched it (hence why if your penalty hits the post the rebound doesnt count unless the keeper touched it).

And there can only be one player in the box at once.

So if Tevez placed the ball down, walked back OUTSIDE THE BOX, any city player can run in and take the penalty as long as he's the only player in the box.

Have i got this right?

However, Tevez hasn't missed one for us so let's leave it as it is!

mike1923 said:
Once the taker has kicked the ball, nobody else on City's team can touch the ball until someone on the other team has touched it (hence why if your penalty hits the post the rebound doesnt count unless the keeper touched it).

So if Tevez placed the ball down, walked back OUTSIDE THE BOX, any city player can run in and take the penalty as long as he's the only player in the box.

Have i got this right?

I would have thought that the designated penalty taker must be known by the ref and the keeper.

And I didn't know about the hitting the post situation, so I am obviously no expert on football rules

mike1923 said:

Have i got this right?

No, the ball is in play once it has travelled in a forward motion. Any player can then enter the penalty area and play the ball If any player enters the area before the ball is in play the penalty must be re-taken unless it is a defender and the ball enters the net in which case a goal is awarded

From Laws of the Game
The ball: • must be placed on the penalty mark
The player taking the penalty kick:
• must be properly identified
The defending goalkeeper:
• must remain on his goal line, facing the kicker, between the goalposts until
the ball has been kicked
The players other than the kicker must be located:
• inside the field of play • outside the penalty area
• behind the penalty mark
• at least 9.15 m (10 yds) from the penalty mark

• After the players have taken positions in accordance with this Law, the referee signals for the penalty kick to be taken
• The player taking the penalty kick must kick the ball forward
• He must not play the ball again until it has touched another player
• The ball is in play when it is kicked and moves forward

When a penalty kick is taken during the normal course of play, or time has been extended at half-time or full time to allow a penalty kick to be taken or retaken, a goal is awarded if, before passing between the goalposts and under the crossbar:
• the ball touches either or both of the goalposts and/or the crossbar and/or
the goalkeeper The referee decides when a penalty kick has been completed.

Batistuta used to have a penalty where he got the player to role it back for him and he would smash it into top corner everytime. I mean it was Batistuta he didnt really do missing

kramer said:
mike1923 said:

Have i got this right?

No, the ball is in play once it has travelled in a forward motion. Any player can then enter the penalty area and play the ball If any player enters the area before the ball is in play the penalty must be re-taken unless it is a defender and the ball enters the net in which case a goal is awarded

From Laws of the Game
The ball: • must be placed on the penalty mark
The player taking the penalty kick:
• must be properly identified
The defending goalkeeper:
• must remain on his goal line, facing the kicker, between the goalposts until
the ball has been kicked
The players other than the kicker must be located:
• inside the field of play • outside the penalty area
• behind the penalty mark
• at least 9.15 m (10 yds) from the penalty mark

• After the players have taken positions in accordance with this Law, the referee signals for the penalty kick to be taken
• The player taking the penalty kick must kick the ball forward
• He must not play the ball again until it has touched another player
• The ball is in play when it is kicked and moves forward

When a penalty kick is taken during the normal course of play, or time has been extended at half-time or full time to allow a penalty kick to be taken or retaken, a goal is awarded if, before passing between the goalposts and under the crossbar:
• the ball touches either or both of the goalposts and/or the crossbar and/or
the goalkeeper The referee decides when a penalty kick has been completed.

Right. I don't think you're reading the post above.

Everything he supposes is correct. With the addition of informing the REF who is taking the pen, everything else, in theory, is allowed in the said post.

FFS, it's not hard to bloody read!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.