Would you accept an openly gay footballer at the club?

stony said:
nashark said:
Yes, I'm serious.

Well it's fairly well know that homosexuals are only gay because their mums gave them cock shaped dummies as babies and dressed them in frocks and such.

and thalidomide victims don't really have short arms they just can't be arsed reaching for anything.

Source?

mackenzie said:
bluemoon32 said:
Why the fuck would a players sexual preferences even come into it, he's either a good player we'd want at the club or not.....end of.

Agreed.

Can't even believe we are having this debate to be honest.

Completely agree no reason for this discussion, why should anybody give a fuck anyway if you can play it doesn’t matter. For all those who object what they do if Colin Bell was playing now and was gay!!

A players sexuality wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to me.
Tho' it does raise a question in my mind.
Would the other players accept an openly gay player?
It's hard to believe there are no gay prem league players.
Homophobia is deep rooted in football.

Even liberally applied, chants of "who's the Faggot in the pink" aimed at any away fan in a salmon Ralph Lauren polo - or songs about Park Ji-Sung being anally pleasured by John O'Shea just can't be traditional banter between rivals. There's homophobic elements to it and the term "Faggot" is disgusting.

Is the very straight, very tough game of Football ready for openly Gay players? I don't think it is when we're faced with things like the above. And it's hardly a minority, either. I don't hear too many trying to shout them down when we all know Racism wouldn't be accepted.

mcfc1996 said:
I couldn't give a fuck if a City was gay. I'm only interested if they are any good at football. All 11 could be gay for all I care as long as we win something.
Now I'd pay to see that!

It'd be amazing! A bunch of proper 'in your face' gays prancing round with the Chumps league trophy...all going oooohh! cooooiieee! & playing 'catch me you can have me' with John Oshea...

;)

nashark said:
Does a gay footballer need to be open about his sexuality?

I don't think he does.

They're Footballers. They're going to get Jodie Marsh and Jordan squeezing their muscles in Nightclubs. They're going to get ripped for the apparent lack of WAG if they're single.

Why can't they be open about it? Because it's not the done thing.

peoffrey said:
nashark said:
Does a gay footballer need to be open about his sexuality?

I don't think he does.

They're Footballers. They're going to get Jodie Marsh and Jordan squeezing their muscles in Nightclubs. They're going to get ripped for the apparent lack of WAG if they're single.

Why can't they be open about it? Because it's not the done thing.

They can be open about. I asked why do they need to be open about it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.