Would you accept an openly gay footballer at the club?

mr t said:
Haha

'Would you accept' - Indeed

Why do you think there has never been one?

Turds like you make me laugh!!!

Touchy, are you gay yourself? There was nothing wrong with the question, its a forum where topics of all kinds are debated and I've seen this question asked before (albeit not on this forum) so no need for the insult is there really.

Players do not hold hands when forming a wall...... they link arms.
So if you were a doctor, you would only treat hetro males?
Players do not share showers, it's not like out of a scene from Kes. They have their own cubicles.

I think you will find that Eveton do when in the wall well at least they have done.
If I were a doctor I would not be allowed to have that view in this free country we live in.
Some clubs do still have their big shower rooms in the changing rooms

But now having said all that I think that you took my comments the wrong way I was being or at least trying to be a little a little funny with it.
Before you start I know a few guy people so i do know what they would laugh at unlike you who just have to take it all to your soft little bleeding heart.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Paedophilia is ILLEGAL, and they would hopefully be locked up for a very long time.

Homosexuality is illegal in Qatar alongside numerous other Countries.

Hopefully the England Manager then will have banned WAGABs from the Hotel. Wives and Girlfriends and Boyfriends.

peoffrey said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Paedophilia is ILLEGAL, and they would hopefully be locked up for a very long time.

Homosexuality is illegal in Qatar alongside numerous other Countries.

Hopefully the England Manager then will have banned WAGABs from the Hotel. Wives and Girlfriends and Boyfriends.

that's what you get when you bring old fashioned religious fairytales into your legal system.

Besides we play in England, and homosexuality is accepted here, so at the club, yes I would, as should everybody, unless, as I've previously stated you're a backwards, narrow-minded, religious person.

Is this topic still going on, haha.
To the person that said the players wouldnt link arms or shower with the gay player? is this serious? im gay and my friends see me naked, sleep in the same bed, hug and kiss me etc...
i know its a bit diffrent with men, but as a professional, i genuinely dont think they would have a problem with it, only got to look at that welsh rugby player to see that. the only problem would be the fans, and i think if a few players got together and came out at the same time, it would be history.
some players get called gay when they are not, see sol cambell. so if u were surely u would just take it on the chin.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
that's what you get when you bring old fashioned religious fairytales into your legal system.

Besides we play in England, and homosexuality is accepted here, so at the club, yes I would, as should everybody, unless, as I've previously stated you're a backwards, narrow-minded, religious person.

All Religious people are homophobic? All Non-Religious people aren't homophobic? What a ridiculous statement to make!

There's some deep homophobia out there which exists in people who haven't read a word of The Bible or The Koran. I'm also fairly sure it's possible to tolerate something that you yourself don't agree with!

Deary me. Deary, deary me.

peoffrey said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

All Religious people are homophobic? All Non-Religious people aren't homophobic? What a ridiculous statement to make!

There's some deep homophobia out there which exists in people who haven't read a word of The Bible or The Koran. I'm also fairly sure it's possible to tolerate something that you yourself don't agree with!

Deary me. Deary, deary me.

I never said that, a said a "backwards, narrow minded, religious person".

If I wanted to refer to all people of any religion i'd have gone "religious people", but as I'm baptised as a catholic that would include myself and that would be a contradiction.

I'm just pointing that some of those countries stated above ban homosexuality because it is against their religion, and having been to a Catholic school know the disdain that many of them have for even talking about homosexuality, the great discomfort they have when you mention it or question them on it.

Of course there are a number of non-religious people who disagree with it, but I can't justify in my own mind a very good reason for non-religious people to not accept it, because at the end of the day I'd like to think the majority of people would like everybody else to be comfortable and happy in life, but I guess that is idealistic.

JoeMercer'sWay said:

Aren't you also being narrow minded by just disregarding someones beliefs with a simplistic view and generalised statement.

I have no problem with gay people, and people should be judged on their character, not sexual orientations or beliefs. Being gay is unnatural, as the basis of nature is to procreate, but this doesnt mean being gay is a bad thing. Lots of things done today are unnatural, but it doesn't mean it's 'terrible'. As I said, it's all about the character of the individual.

Clubber said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

Aren't you also being narrow minded by just disregarding someones beliefs with a simplistic view and generalised statement.

I have no problem with gay people, and people should be judged on their character, not sexual orientations or beliefs. Being gay is unnatural, as the basis of nature is to procreate, but this doesnt mean being gay isn't a bad thing. Lots of things done today are unnatural, but it doesn't mean it's 'terrible'. As I said, it's all about the character of the individual.

Exactly.

I'm putting forward the religious thing because for me it's just laughable and backward.

You don't have to like it, but the OP wasn't talking about liking what other people do, merely accept something that makes them happy and comfortable and is legal. We fly, we drive, we sail, we ride bikes etc., I've said in another thread we shouldn't be really publicising people "coming out" at all, I think on both sides it's too extreme, gay people should just be able to feel comfortable enough to get on with their life in the way they want to without fear of being "found out" and ridiculed for it, because at the end of the day if they do it's not going to affect the vast majority of people.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.