Would you be happy...

This is the one and only thing I hate about our success. Im a Swansea boy born and bred but my father grew up in the 60s and started following City because of the great man himself Colin Bell (suppose my dad was a glory hunter back then lol). I have been a city fan from day 1 and throughout school everyone new my background and that I was a thick and thin fan. You move onto uni and as soon as you mention your a city fan with a welsh accent they all start to comment. The best put down was when I was wearing a shirt from the season before the take over and some prick said "since the arabs is it?". The look on his face when he realised what I was wearing was a picture lol

And just how many first teamers are from manchester ??

Get a grip some of you ffs..If you dont mind the players not being Mancs then why worry about non manc fans..

Mancs have two choices tbh when picking their team..City or united,out of towners have many clubs to pick from but they chose City,this could be cos of family roots in manchester or maybe just maybe they liked City for its fanbase and the sense of us being a peoples club.

you know the one..welcoming and friendly and with great sense of humour,but by some reactions on here maybe that rep is flawed.
There arent any prizes for supporting City through the dark days, so lets not get mardy cos now that we are getting somewhere. we are attracting new fans as well as many fans of the non manc variety who have shared the journey for years and years...

The only thing different is the accent of their voice.

samharris said:

Get a grip some of you ffs..If you dont mind the players not being Mancs then why worry about non manc fans..

Mancs have two choices tbh when picking their team..City or united,out of towners have many clubs to pick from but they chose City,this could be cos of family roots in manchester or maybe just maybe they liked City for its fanbase and the sense of us being a peoples club.

you know the one..welcoming and friendly and with great sense of humour,but by some reactions on here maybe that rep is flawed.
There arent any prizes for supporting City through the dark days, so lets not get mardy cos now that we are getting somewhere. we are attracting new fans as well as many fans of the non manc variety who have shared the journey for years and years...

that isn't the point.

maybe I don't speak for the majority of fans when I say I have nothing but credit for the non Manchester based fans you speak of, who have supported the club before the success (whether going to matches or not) and for whatever reason they had.

The point is, will you be happy with having new "supporters" all over the country based only on being successful, and having no connection to the club in the past, or the city of Manchester in the present.

Sure, some of the new fans from across the country we'll be seeing will have become City supporters in any case - whether we're winning trophies or are still rock bottom of the second division. It's the new football fan that chooses to support the side that are most successful at the time, or have the potential to be so ie. the glory fan.

I'm sure there will new fans from up and down the country that will now be supporting us, that would have been Fulham fans, Everton fans, if it were them that were taken over and in our position instead. That's the point. It isn't a question of being happy if people from outside of Manchester now support us, it's why. Not many people have a problem with where people are from, I certainly don't. I'm sure there are many fans that aren't based in Manchester, that don't want to see the glory fan appearing in their areas, would you?

It's surely going to happen, as I said earlier though, it's necessary for future success for the revenue generated etc

Blue_Moon said:
samharris said:

that isn't the point.

maybe I don't speak for the majority of fans when I say I have nothing but credit for the non Manchester based fans you speak of, who have supported the club before the success (whether going to matches or not) and for whatever reason they had.

The point is, will you be happy with having new "supporters" all over the country based only on being successful, and having no connection to the club in the past, or the city of Manchester in the present.

Sure, some of the new fans from across the country we'll be seeing will have become City supporters in any case - whether we're winning trophies or are still rock bottom of the second division. It's the new football fan that chooses to support the side that are most successful at the time, or have the potential to be so ie. the glory fan.

I'm sure there will new fans from up and down the country that will now be supporting us, that would have been Fulham fans, Everton fans, if it were them that were taken over and in our position instead. That's the point. It isn't a question of being happy if people from outside of Manchester now support us, it's why. Not many people have a problem with where people are from, I certainly don't. I'm sure there are many fans that aren't based in Manchester, that don't want to see the glory fan appearing in their areas, would you?

It's surely going to happen, as I said earlier though, it's necessary for future success for the revenue generated etc

The only ones I cant stand will be the ones who already supported another club but now change to becoming City fans....

I think they are called gloryhunters..... Not true fans tbh.

Let's just concentrate on winning more trophies and not worry too much about what the consequences might be.

I am a southerner who has supported City since 1969 for the simple reason that I loved the team of Bell, Lee, Book and Summerbee. It didn't matter a bit that I lived a long way from Manchester. I'm sure there are many worldwide fans who feel exactly the same way about the present side and its great players. Why shouldn't we welcome them ?

I for 1 couldn't care less, as I have followed them up and down the country for the last 45yrs, yes even to the likes of York City away. So will we get fans who have never been near Maine Road or the Etihad Stadium saying they support us, know doubt we will. We wil just have to shrug it off, just like the rags do.

The more fans that will go on to wear our club colours the better the more money it will bring into the club, will they have the loyalty that those who will supports through think and thin that I doubtit. However while it last let us all enjoy it.

success and JCL's or no success and no JCL's ?

like most on here I have now sampled both at last and I'll take the success and everything that goes with it ta

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.