Would you boycot?

malg said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
We had Swales and he ran the club so badly that it has taken us nearly 20 years to get back on our feet. So no I wouldn't boycott, unlike most rags I think most City fans aren't supporters because of success and they don't have the view that the world of football stops outside the sky 4.
Absolutely. Christ, we've had more reason than most to boycott the club, but it hasn't happened. The Rags sold their soul years ago, long before the Americans came on board. They are just reaping what they have sewn. They deserve everything that is about to happen to them.

u can barely name a club that hasnt sold its soul in the premier league and we are probably the worst ones but what can u do wen people who previously own the club or have shares sell?

seem to remember a couple of minor boycotts a few seasons back, Birmingham away and Wigan away, they worked because the ticket prices at Wigan were slashed after that.

I have supported MCFC since late 60s, many players have come and gone
many managers have come and gone, many different owners have come and gone and many so called supporters have come and gone.
But many many true supporters (I include myself here) know where our loyalties lie and that is MCFC no matter who's on the pitch who's the manager of the day or who owns the club. "WE THE TRUE SUPPORTERS ARE THE CLUB"

DontLookBackInAnger said:
We had Swales and he ran the club so badly that it has taken us nearly 20 years to get back on our feet. So no I wouldn't boycott, unlike most rags I think most City fans aren't supporters because of success and they don't have the view that the world of football stops outside the sky 4.

Exactly and it's not as if we sat/stood there and took it during the bad times under Swales, there seemed to be an anti-Swales demo after every other home match at times in the early 80s but all the protesters would be back in their usual places for the next game getting behind the team before chanting "Sack the board" when it went tits up.

citygirl77 said:
I have supported MCFC since late 60s, many players have come and gone
many managers have come and gone, many different owners have come and gone and many so called supporters have come and gone.
But many many true supporters (I include myself here) know where our loyalties lie and that is MCFC no matter who's on the pitch who's the manager of the day or who owns the club. "WE THE TRUE SUPPORTERS ARE THE CLUB"
bang on the money, we are the soul of the club and most of us will still be here when all the people running/working for the club have moved on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.