Would you give up the Carabao Cup

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Xhavenjoe, 24 Mar 2020.

1. Xhavenjoe

Xhavenjoe

If the league is made void I assume all records for the year are gone ie Aguero goals , Eric Garcia's appearances , Edersons sending offs , our penalty misses etc. Would anyone be happy to have our Carabao cup win made void just to see Liverpool lose out on the premier league. I think I'd prefer to see Liverpool win the league than to see Shearer smiling as he realizes he still has the most hat tricks in premier league history

2. Ardwick Green Blue

Ardwick Green Blue

Why would we have to? It was concluded and we won it.

3. karen7

karen7

I think it is only voided for league places purposes,i don't think completed comps like the cup and personal records should go

ADVERTISEMENT

4. chedinho

chedinho

everything should stand up to the point it all ended.

5. peoffrey

peoffrey

Team supported:
    Wales
    The simple fact is that whoever gets the most points deserves to win the league. However, I do concede that making Liverpool wait and wait whilst this pandemic crisis goes on is quite funny.

They won the Champions League last season and I’m over that. It was an awful match tbh.

6. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Team supported:
    Pep Out
    We've plenty of league cups now. Fuck the dippers.

7. BlueSkyBlue

BlueSkyBlue

Every game was still competitive until the break, so all records should stand for individuals. The Carabao was a completed competition so no need to worry about that either.

The biggest question isn't really just Liverpool - but the top 4/6 and the bottom three in the top league - and every place in between, as the difference in positions is worth £££s.

8. jimharri

jimharri

Can you please tell me why we would "give up" (your words) a legitimately completed competition? It has no bearing on the other two domestic competitions, or on the CL.

9. Xhavenjoe

Xhavenjoe

According to Football365.
    An abandoned season means the last seven (ish) months, as far as the sport and the record books are concerned, just didn’t happen. Data would run from 2018/19 straight into 2020/21, with nothing in between. A void. A nothing.

And, as underwhelming as this season has been at times, City actually have a lot to lose.

The most obvious, initially, is that they would go back to only being two-time defending League Cup winners

I also heard this on the radio probably Talksport. They said that if the leage is voided then all other tournaments in ran by he same organization are also voided

10. BlueSkyBlue

BlueSkyBlue

Some good news there then - TalkShite say anything to provke calls AND the Carabaoo Cup is run by the EFL not the FA or Premier League.

If they cancel it all I want my money back :D

dennishasdoneit and Manchester33 like this.