Would you give up the Carabao Cup

When Hereford United were wound up, they were expelled from the Southern League and their results expunged. The table was adjusted accordingly. It was as if they’d never been there.

According to Football365.
An abandoned season means the last seven (ish) months, as far as the sport and the record books are concerned, just didn’t happen. Data would run from 2018/19 straight into 2020/21, with nothing in between. A void. A nothing.

And, as underwhelming as this season has been at times, City actually have a lot to lose.

The most obvious, initially, is that they would go back to only being two-time defending League Cup winners

I also heard this on the radio probably Talksport. They said that if the leage is voided then all other tournaments in ran by he same organization are also voided
If the season and all titles were made void then you can bet we wouldn't be the only country doing so. That would mean the dippers didn't win the European charity shield and are also no longer world pub team champions.

If the league is made void I assume all records for the year are gone ie Aguero goals , Eric Garcia's appearances , Edersons sending offs , our penalty misses etc. Would anyone be happy to have our Carabao cup win made void just to see Liverpool lose out on the premier league. I think I'd prefer to see Liverpool win the league than to see Shearer smiling as he realizes he still has the most hat tricks in premier league history

The answer is yes, and would be if you asked the same question 100 times over.

I can't see any reason at all why anything would be erased from the records

It just means that final positions wouldn't be declared

If the league is made void I assume all records for the year are gone ie Aguero goals , Eric Garcia's appearances , Edersons sending offs , our penalty misses etc. Would anyone be happy to have our Carabao cup win made void just to see Liverpool lose out on the premier league. I think I'd prefer to see Liverpool win the league than to see Shearer smiling as he realizes he still has the most hat tricks in premier league history

Different competition with different rules no shouldn’t be given up

To be fair they deserve it. Turning-up week-in, week-out, delivering audaciously excellent performances and even better results and all this despite the constant sniping, negativity and cynicism.

To undermine all of that by voiding the season just because of a few unfinished games would be as equally criminal as their activities.

We should keep our trophy and Mike and the Pigmols keep theirs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.