Would you have another City Square?

MCFC BOB

Fred's Patio on me: "Mr. Self Appointed Lord of Wh
Would there be much use to having another City Square, or would you like City Square to be spread out around the ground rather than situated at one end of the stadium?

Lucky for me I sit in the North Stand so I can be in City Square 15 minutes before KO and still make it in time for the start of the game, whereas people on the other side of the stadium aren't so lucky.

Would you, with the new stadium development and potential moving of the away fans, welcome a City Square replica on the other side of the ground or on the large gravel patch behind the East Stand?

Just wondering, and generating discussion.

I would welcome another City Square as when it's nice weather and or a big match it can be rammed at Star/Summerbee Bar

I would also welcome some kind of Wind/Rain shield, and maybe some heating system for those cold night matches.

I sit East level 3, 307 and just leave at the latest of 2-30 to ensure I am in on time from City Square, but sometimes I go in early and grab a pint in the ground. I'm happy enough where it is.

I like City Square for the big screens, I think it's been a fantastic success.

No.

Fans that want the City Square 'experience' already have that. I'd be surprised if more than 30% of the 47,000 spend a considerable amount of time at City square anyway. Other fans go straight into the ground whilst others go to the pub.

This isn't Glastonbury, you can't put Goater on one stage whilst Charvet is on the other. Why have a duplicate on the other side of the ground (should this be in the middle of the road)?

It's big enough already.

ManCitizens. said:
No.

Fans that want the City Square 'experience' already have that. I'd be surprised if more than 30% of the 47,000 spend a considerable amount of time at City square anyway. Other fans go straight into the ground whilst others go to the pub.

This isn't Glastonbury, you can't put Goater on one stage whilst Charvet is on the other. Why have a duplicate on the other side of the ground (should this be in the middle of the road)?

It's big enough already.

30% is nearly 15k. It would be no where near it. If city square is profitable and oversubscribed they could well look to expand. Don't see a problem.

ManCitizens. said:
No.

It's big enough already.
This is why I sort of linked it together with the stadium development. If 30% of 60,000 people want to visit City Square (and believe me, our new breed of fan will want to be involved in this) then nearly 20,000 people will want to be there.

MCFC BOB said:
ManCitizens. said:
No.

It's big enough already.
This is why I sort of linked it together with the stadium development. If 30% of 60,000 people want to visit City Square (and believe me, our new breed of fan will want to be involved in this) then nearly 20,000 people will want to be there.

That was just a % guess off the top of my head. I think another City Square would be a terrible idea. If anything, it should be expanded, maybe have different things going on around the East Stand. Just keep it as one 'City Square'.

ManCitizens. said:
MCFC BOB said:
ManCitizens. said:
No.

It's big enough already.

That was just a % guess off the top of my head. I think another City Square would be a terrible idea. If anything, it should be expanded, maybe have different things going on around the East Stand connected to the current area.
That's sort of what I'm going for with the idea of having something on the gravel patch that nothing seems to be happening with.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.