Would you have another City Square?

MCFC BOB said:
ManCitizens. said:
MCFC BOB said:
This is why I sort of linked it together with the stadium development. If 30% of 60,000 people want to visit City Square (and believe me, our new breed of fan will want to be involved in this) then nearly 20,000 people will want to be there.

That was just a % guess off the top of my head. I think another City Square would be a terrible idea. If anything, it should be expanded, maybe have different things going on around the East Stand connected to the current area.
That's sort of what I'm going for with the idea of having something on the gravel patch that nothing seems to be happening with.

Expansion is probably inevitable but keep it as one area.

-- Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:46 pm --

Pigeonho said:
charliebigspuds said:
personally I think City sq is crap so its a no from me, I'm a bit old school so prefer the pub
We have a winner. You're on my level with this. Walked straight through it and thought it was wank, though I can see why the 'new ' fan would like it.
Give me warm red stripe in the sherwood anyday.

The problem for me is it's the same as the shite served in the ground. If they spent some money on decent lager and pumps, you'd get twice as many people buying from there as long as prices matched the pubs.

andyhinch said:
We're not exactly inundated with good pubs up there though are we, I'm sure we all miss the Clermont, whitworth etc, life moves on. Could improve mind.

Plastic cups and fizzy lager not to your taste either? The best of a bad bunch is The Townley imo. Probably why we stay in Mother Mac's as long as possible.

I think it serves an excellent purpose. Expansion in the same area with more covering would be a good idea. Maybe even a separate bar for the 1894 atmosphere type people to get singing started early. I think of Ajax away last year and all around the stadium were different bars/shops etc to the point that you didn't know there was a football stadium next to them. i wouldn't want it to get quite so enormous but a larger area around the current place would be good.

ManCitizens. said:
andyhinch said:
We're not exactly inundated with good pubs up there though are we, I'm sure we all miss the Clermont, whitworth etc, life moves on. Could improve mind.

Plastic cups and fizzy lager not to your taste either? The best of a bad bunch is The Townley imo. Probably why we stay in Mother Mac's as long as possible.

Agree the Townley is the only decent one round the ground, you would think with the canal side location and the fairly new flats asda side and chips on the way from town someone would have thought a pub similar to the kings ransom in sale, maybe it wouldn't be cost effective on non match times though as there was rumours of wetherspoons looking to open up a pub near asda or buy D's for years but has never happened

City Square is a good facility and very popular. Will be using it a lot more now I've got a matchday metrolink pass.
It could probably do with being closed in a bit more, it's a bit harsh in the middle of winter. Expansion is probably required now the tram stop is open. Another City Square on the other side of the ground would be good too.
You get served really quickly in City Square compared to inside the ground

Would like to see a maze type thing leading up to it. Made up of narrow brick walls. With dog shit and used condoms scattered around. At the start you could have people offering tickets or saying "Mind whats left of your car, after the game mate". Could be the new Disneyland.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.