Would You Have Rafa?

Read on another site a few days ago that if he'd beaten QPR at home, Southampton home (from being 2-0 up) and away, Reading (from being 2-0 up), and Newcastle (from being 2-1 up), Chelsea would be 3 points off top right now. Shocking when you look at it. It's that kind of inconsistency that's been a trademark of his his entire career. Crashed out of CWC Final to some random South American team, League Cup over 2 legs to a mid-table side, turned a 4 point deficit on the day he took over to almost 20, etc. Yes he got to the Europa League Final but had to beat FC Fucking No-Name from (insert random Eastern European mini-country) to do it. Steaua Bucharest, Sparta Prague, Rubin Kazan? Please. If that's his crowning achievement at Chelsea it's pretty sad.

Weird substitutions, pulling line-ups out of a hat, poor man-management, boring as hell football, etc. etc.

Would categorically NOT want him.

3q4mt3.jpg

MaineRoadM14 said:
Read on another site a few days ago that if he'd beaten QPR at home, Southampton home (from being 2-0 up) and away, Reading (from being 2-0 up), and Newcastle (from being 2-1 up), Chelsea would be 3 points off top right now. Shocking when you look at it. It's that kind of inconsistency that's been a trademark of his his entire career. Crashed out of CWC Final to some random South American team, League Cup over 2 legs to a mid-table side, turned a 4 point deficit on the day he took over to almost 20, etc. Yes he got to the Europa League Final but had to beat FC Fucking No-Name from (insert random Eastern European mini-country) to do it. Steaua Bucharest, Sparta Prague, Rubin Kazan? Please. If that's his crowning achievement at Chelsea it's pretty sad.

Weird substitutions, pulling line-ups out of a hat, poor man-management, boring as hell football, etc. etc.

Trademark of his career ...you mean this resume 2001-2013 ( 18 Month Holiday in between)

2x La Liga Winner
1 EuropeanCup
I Uefa Cup
I FA Cup
I Uefa uper Cup
1 World Cub Cup
1 Spanish Super Copa
1 Charity shield winner

2x Ballon Dor Wnner ( World manager of the Year)

I European cup Runner Up
I League Cup Runner Up
2 World Club Cup Runner Up
I Uefa Super Cup runner Up
1 Premier League Run up.

So regarding the above assumption and those games you highlighted above , if he wins those then its the most perfect set of games but which manager is going to have a perfect period under constant abuse, undermined by his fans , and not having a week of training in 5.5 months with the squad ?

Weird Substitituions, what about the games where his subs have made a contribution, changed games ...

World club championship , how many English teams have actually flown out and coped with the time zone changes etc in Japan..the team that they played were in Japan 3 weeks before Chelsea, had 40,000 fans out in the stadium, and were preparing for the game after winning the south american champions league 3 months previously..they are no mugs and wanted it more and it was Rafa 2 weeks into the job, so the brazilains were deserving winners .

Getting beaten by swansea in the league cup...where were City, arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, UTD, Everton in the last 4 ? I watched the match Ivanovich made 2 INDIVIDUAL ERRORS cost them the Tie, they never recovered and you are trying to have a go at him for every moment of his tenure..he is not perfect no coach is...incidentally City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs all had PERMANENT managers in charge who have had Pre-Season, made their signings, and support of their fans, players and the club, but how comes he has come in end of November and is only 3 points behind City, ahead of the rest and is the only manager in English football to be in a Euro final this season.

Give the guy a break , and please compare your history as a club with his CV, it's worthy of your new found clout, but beneath his up to 3 years ago !

Harsh but true !<br /><br />-- Tue May 14, 2013 5:38 pm --<br /><br />
mancityvstoke said:
cityisblue said:
I am a Liverpool Fan .

I am not a WUM, and I am not a trolling, I am enjoying few days off work, and interesting in the managerial merry go around thats about to took place but unfortunately for me not at Liverpool which is really sad !

Anyhow good luck chaps with whoever joins, accept against Liverpool !

welcome mate. Out of interest and not taking the piss.

WHere do you live and what made you support LFC?

Hello Mate, I am Liverpool fan in london, and my date of birth is in the early 80's so naturally , Liverpool were a winning machine and John Barnes , Ian Rush household names, so I caught the LFC bug...but always liked City, nice club, bit of a yo-yo club, but i do remember david white, Keith curle, and the man that was Kinkladze..georgian maradonna...

cityisblue said:
MaineRoadM14 said:

Trademark of his career ...you mean this resume 2001-2013 ( 18 Month Holiday in between)

2x La Liga Winner
1 EuropeanCup
I Uefa Cup
I FA Cup
I Uefa uper Cup
1 World Cub Cup
1 Spanish Super Copa
1 Charity shield winner

I European cup Runner Up
I League Cup Runner Up
1 Premier League Run up.

So regarding the above assumption and those games you highlighted above , if he wins those then its the most perfect set of games but which manager is going to have a perfect period under constant abuse, undermined by his fans , and not having a week of training in 5.5 months with the squad ?

Weird Substitituions, what about the games where his subs have made a contribution, changed games ...

World club championship , how many English teams have actually flown out and coped with the time zone changes etc in Japan..the team that they played were in Japan 3 weeks before Chelsea, had 40,000 fans out in the stadium, and were preparing for the game after winning the south american champions league 3 months previously..they are no mugs and wanted it more and it was Rafa 2 weeks into the job, so the brazilains were deserving winners .

Getting beaten by swansea in the league cup...where were City, arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, UTD, Everton in the last 4 ? I watched the match Ivanovich made 2 INDIVIDUAL ERRORS cost them the Tie, they never recovered and you are trying to have a go at him for every moment of his tenure..he is not perfect no coach is...incidentally City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs all had PERMANENT managers in charge who have had Pre-Season, made their signings, and support of their fans, players and the club, but how comes he has come in end of November and is only 3 points behind City, ahead of the rest and is the only manager in English football to be in a Euro final this season.

Give the guy a break , and please compare your history as a club with his CV, it's worthy of your new found clout, but beneath his up to 3 years ago !

Harsh but true !
Are you his booty-call or something? This is like your 10th essay on him on this thread alone. Put it back in your pants, kid.

Face it, he was an epic failure at Inter, has been mediocre at best with Chelsea in a poor Premier League season, drove LFC into the ground after fluking the Champions League with his predecessor's team spending hundreds of millions on a team boasting the likes of Torres, Arbeloa, Mascherano, Alonso, Gerrard, etc. and won NOTHING with it, and was unemployed for 2 years before being dug up by the naive Abramovich.

Don't want this clown anywhere near City.

MaineRoadM14 said:
cityisblue said:
MaineRoadM14 said:

2x La Liga Winner
1 EuropeanCup
I Uefa Cup
I FA Cup
I Uefa uper Cup
1 World Cub Cup
1 Spanish Super Copa
1 Charity shield winner

I European cup Runner Up
I League Cup Runner Up
1 Premier League Run up.

Harsh but true !
Are you his booty-call or something? This is like your 10th essay on him on this thread alone. Put it back in your pants, kid.

Face it, he was an epic failure at Inter, has been mediocre at best with Chelsea in a poor Premier League season, drove LFC into the ground after fluking the Champions League with his predecessor's team spending hundreds of millions on a team boasting the likes of Torres, Arbeloa, Mascherano, Alonso, Gerrard, etc. and won NOTHING with it, and was unemployed for 2 years before being dug up by the naive Abramovich.

Perfect example of knowledge gained from Sky Sports, Sun, and talk Sport..you stick to your beliefs.Chap..

cityisblue said:
MaineRoadM14 said:
cityisblue said:

2x La Liga Winner
1 EuropeanCup
I Uefa Cup
I FA Cup
I Uefa uper Cup
1 World Cub Cup
1 Spanish Super Copa
1 Charity shield winner

I European cup Runner Up
I League Cup Runner Up
1 Premier League Run up.

Harsh but true !

Perfect example of knowledge gained from Sky Sports, Sun, and talk Sport..you stick to your beliefs.Chap..
Crashed out of the League Cup to a mid-table side over 2 legs - FACT
Lost the Club World Cup Final to some random Brazilian team - FACT
Turned a 4 point deficit in the League into almost 20 - FACT
Couldn't manage to lock down Top 4 with a world class squad until the second to last game of the season - FACT

I know as a Liverpool fan you aren't used to dealing with reality, but open your eyes you blinkered blowhard.

MaineRoadM14 said:
cityisblue said:
MaineRoadM14 said:

Crashed out of the League Cup to a mid-table side over 2 legs - FACT
Lost the Club World Cup Final to some random Brazilian team - FACT
Turned a 4 point deficit in the League into almost 20 - FACT
Couldn't manage to lock down Top 4 with a world class squad until the second to last game of the season - FACT

I know as a Liverpool fan you aren't used to dealing with reality, but open your eyes you blinkered blowhard.

Mate I am not a WUM, I am a football fan and therefore I am not really going to bite to things that you have stated above..that you already know the answers too if you think hard and without prejudice, and any fan with half a football brain will know the reasons above its simple..but while you are talking about FACTS..let me give you couple...

FACT : His winning ratio with the cunts of Chelsea is close to 60% even with the "dodgy results above you state " so if the results had not been dodgy e,g reading, southampton, etc it would be around 70% and above City in the table.

FACT : He has reached his 4th European final in the space of 9 years ( with a near 2 year break) Ferguson achieved 5 with MAN UTD in 26.5 years, and more than mourinho, ancelloti, capello, lippi guardiola, klopp..( The media will not tell you that , he is not mourinho or ferguson.)

FACT: If Chelsea win the UEFA cup, he becomes the first manager in English football history to lead 2 english clubs to european triumph ( The media will not tell you that he is not mourinho or ferguson.) and only the second manager in British football to do so (Ferguson with Aberdeen and Mancs)

FACT : If he wins the UEFA cup tommorow, he becomes only the second manger behind Trapatoni to lead 3 different clubs to european triumphs.

He may not be your cup of tea for City but to make him into this totally inept manager well thats not really fair or acurate. ( Di matteo took charge of 21 matches and players at their freshness, he won 11, lost 6 , drew 4 but that data is skewed he actually won 9 out of his first 13 games, and only 2 out of his next 8, thats why he was fired because the regression started...and the reason they were 4 points behind the 2 manc clubs was Chelsea won 7 out of first 8 league matches compared to city and UTD sluggish start, and then they started hitting form..while rafa has kept Chelsea near enough to the 2 points per game ratio that he found chelsea in ( which was between game 1-8 not game 9-12) 37 games 72 points (-2), if win against Everton then it will be 38 games 75 points (-1) not bad after playing 48 matches in 23 weeks ( 69 overall) !!!

Its all about views....but we should use FACTS...to reflect accurately.

rickmcfc said:
Hope it doesn't happen because I love Mancini, but if we parted company for whatever reason, would you have Rafa Benitez as Manager? I would in a heartbeat and think he is a very good manager, especially in European Football.

Thoughts?
dHpQc.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.