Would you miss MOTD?

I wouldn't miss MOTD, I'd miss there being a footy programme to watch at ~10pm on Saturday night. If MOTD was replaced by another programme on a different channel, that'd do me.

anymore than 2sheiks said:
Heard a rumour that the bbc might be dropping it to save money. I used to regard it as an institution but now it just seems like a home for retired bitter ex-pro's with their own agendas. I wouldn't be bothered if it was scrapped in it's current format.

Heard Doggymore slating it a while ago and he does talk a lot of sense on this it is very stale right now. Its like a golfing buddies hour and half chin wag on the 19th, a bit like your comfy slippers and dressing gown all a bit to cliche. Very typical of the BEEB they will flog something till the absolute death before they cull it or change it.

Personally since switching to Sky I enjoy the Football First Match Choice, I get to watch more of what I want without the golfing buddies chin wag.

BBC should cut the expensive pundits and just have a presenter They could also save money by having just one commentator to cover live games on Five Live and if the match is covered on there cut the local coverage as well

I wouldn't miss the tired old motd format with the tired old presenters

But a Goals on Sunday style replacement show would be good

c4lv3rt said:
Personally yes because its somthing to look forward to when i get in on saturday and sunday. The pundits are overall shite but i ignore them as much as i can and watch what im watching it for, the football :D
totally agree.
get some different clowns on.
charlie caroli and ronald macdonald i say.

last night s top quote : "shades of zico coming off the bench for brazil in `86... but he didn t score!!!"

***both pundits look bewildered**.... lineker in reference to wigans watson coming off the bench to equalise with his first touch!!!

some hearty games yesterday......the league is far from over, i expect different outcomes second time around with some teams.

Keep it, compared to ITV's coverage which involved 30 minutes of whoever the rags were playing and 30 seconds of everyone else it's far superior.

I do think it needs a refresh though. If Al Jazeera get some live games they'll take Lineker and Dixon on full time and you may see the return of Keyes and Gray as they work for them too. Adrian Chiles may get back to a job he enjoyed if that happens.

If Channel 5 get the highlights package it would probably be hosted by some big titted z lister with her girly mates wearing very little.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.