Would you pay for The Youtube Content?

I don't see City charging us for the content for a good few years yet. At the moment, they use the videos to spread the "brand" and bring overseas fans closer to the action. They want as many people as possible to watch the videos. Once the global fanbase reaches a certain point, they may well decide to cash in and rinse everyone for every penny we own. Not for a while yet though.

Can't see it personally. The strategy right now is to expand the fanbase internationally at as rapid a rate as possible. This is why you can watch highlights on our website, why we put a lot of shit on YouTube etc. Any movements towards a subscription model would kill that stone dead. Indeed, even the rags can't get away with charging much for MUTV. It is typically included in very cheap satellite packages in Asia and doesn't earn a great deal of money. That was their strategy for expanding internationally. It worked but that was the 90s and the 00s. YouTube, Facebook, Twitter are the strategies for the 10s.

I don't think YouTube would ever force a content producer to charge for their content. I don't even think general subscription for YouTube is around the corner. Think YouTube and City content on YouTube will continue to be gratis. But, no, I wouldn't pay for it.

Google have owned YouTube for years. As the article suggests, this subscription is for music. Lots of people use YouTube to listen to music these days and the record companies see this as lost revenue which they used to get via single sales. Those are the "content creators" they're talking about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.