Would you prefer Spurs or Liverpool win the CL ?

Definitely should prefer Spurs to win it. Would be good for them to get one over Arsenal by winning it first. But at the same time the media will definitely use them winning it on a shoestring as a stick to beat us with and undermine Pep’s achievements. Tough one but I’m edging towards the scousers provided we win the league on Sunday.

Despite hating them I’d have to say I’d still prefer Liverpool win because Spurs fans/Haringay media/Sky will be insufferable if Spurs win.

It’ll be used as a stick to beat us and play City bingo about not needing to spend ‘oil money’, Spurs have ‘history’, bigger club and all that bullshit.

If the scousers win nothing changes, they’ve spent shit loads and have won it before so it’s not another English club to do it when we still haven’t.

I’m so fucking bitter about spuds getting to the final before us.

Fucking spend City, get this CL monkey off our back next season whatever it takes.
If not for a missed penalty,a blatant handball and some very bad luck,we'd be in that final.You might also have noticed.....While that campaign was happening,we were/are still battling to achieve an incredible treble winning/record breaking season!

We certainly don't need to panic spend,as its hardly the picture of failure and despair that you are painting.

If not for a missed penalty,a blatant handball and some very bad luck,we'd be in that final.You might also have noticed.....While that campaign was happening,we were/are still battling to achieve an incredible treble winning/record breaking season!

We certainly don't need to panic spend,as its hardly the picture of failure and despair that you are painting.

I think what we probably need more than anything next season is luck.

And a reliable penalty taker!

What really fucks me off is that this situation pretty much guarantees that if we do manage to win the treble, it will barely get a mention. Spurs or Liverpool will be splashed all over every newspaper endlessless and then on page 19, column5, 1 inch of "In other news, Manchester city, the cheating oil rich club also won something or other".

I don't understand why people are extremely suppotive of Tottenham winning Champions League.

They actually have a lower wage bill than Juve, Atletico, BVB etc. and they didn't sign anyone in the summer either.

Never mind that Tottenham's budget is nowhere near as big as Man City.

Man City have never made a secret about winning Champions League as the main objective.

It's the reason why we wanted to get Pep Guardiola in the first place.

We have spent billions and billions of moneys to sign world class players.

It would be humiliating if Tottenham wins Champions League ahead of us.

People would forever make fun of Man City if that happens.

At least with Liverpool, I don't mind if they win Champions League.

They have also spent billions of money to get world class players like us.

This one is hilarious, can we keep him?

What really fucks me off is that this situation pretty much guarantees that if we do manage to win the treble, it will barely get a mention. Spurs or Liverpool will be splashed all over every newspaper endlessless and then on page 19, column5, 1 inch of "In other news, Manchester city, the cheating oil rich club also won something or other".

I’m going to mention it, every fucking chance I get

Nowt new there. Spurs if they keep the same team as last night but if they lump in fly-catcher Kane in for the final, the dippers can have it.

Should we be in that final? Maybe, be I firmly believe if we were, we wouldn’t be going into this weekend with the direction of the title in our own hands. Back to back titles and few domestic cups or CL? No brainer for me.

Enough of this rational stance FI......... ;-)

Nope. I work with shit loads of Rags. They're still the biggest fucking cünts on the planet, and anything that winds them up is fine by me. I didn't get 25 years of shite from Dippers, it was Rags. Fuck every fucking last one of them.

If we go belly up on Sunday, and Haringey follow suit in the CL, the world is gonna get a lot more than 25yrs shit 'n shite from the Dippers.

Two great games to watch and what I took out of it, was simply this. Sometimes it comes down to having the mental strength to get over the line. To believe you can do it and to fight. When you get to the latter stages, it’s always teams who have players capable of winning games. That isn’t enough. Turning up when needed most to prove you are better is the key.

Like it or not, both Liverpool and Spurs did that. There is no doubt in my mind that City should be there, but, two years in a row failed to overcome both of these teams, who for me aren’t as good. We can come up with excuses all day long. Refs, decisions etc, that to me is avoiding the main problem. In the CL when it gets to the business end, City don’t put their superiority of class into a mindset of getting the job done. If that mental strength was there in the CL, then City would have been in the final these last two years. The fact they aren’t when they should have, highlights an area that needs to be addressed.

Being the best team in Europe, as I believe City are, isn’t enough unless you have the mindset to turn up to prove it. The bottom line is they haven’t when it mattered in the CL. Pep needs to address that. The alternative is to blame the world and it’s aunty. The problem to me doesn’t lie there. Defensive weakness at crucial times, failing to take chances when on top is, and when push comes to shove, this has cost you. I will now retreat into my bomb proof bunker to get away from the incoming for my view.

Good luck on Sunday, I hope and believe you will do it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.