Would you send your kid to private school?

Ja Salford Blue

As the title says really, would you?

Me and the missis are both council estate kids (not wrong with that) but I am now in a position where I can afford to send our daughter to private school. She is 2 now so we have got to get her name down for a school soon. The missis is dead against sending her private but I remember how bad schools in salford were in the 90's.

I used to be totally against private schools, I think every kid deserves the same standard of education. Would I have sent my kid to one? Damn right, without a moments hesitation, I want the best for them.
However, I don't think the success of private schools is down to the quality of the teachers or the facilities they have. The biggest influence on a child's education is the parents.

If you can afford it, then do it.

Ja Salford Blue said:

Me and the missis are both council estate kids (not wrong with that) but I am now in a position where I can afford to send our daughter to private school. She is 2 now so we have got to get her name down for a school soon. The missis is dead against sending her private but I remember how bad schools in salford were in the 90's.

if you can afford it comfortably then yes, but the caveat is that she puts the effort in otherwise take her out. don't throw your money on it if she won't benefit from it

stony said:
I used to be totally against private schools, I think every kid deserves the same standard of education. Would I have sent my kid to one? Damn right, without a moments hesitation, I want the best for them.
However, I don't think the success of private schools is down to the quality of the teachers or the facilities they have. The biggest influence on a child's education is the parents.

Quite possibly the best post I have ever seen on bluemoon. I went to a rough arse school in salford called Hope High (my best mate from school Is now inside for double murder) I've now got a first class degree in quantity surveying. My dad was brought up in lower broughton as one of 9 to a single mother (to say they were poor is an understatement) he now has his own business and a £400k house!

All down to parents!

On the other hand, my sisters son was sent to the best private in Monton and is also a gifted footballer, he has been expelled for 3 schools and kick out of 5 football clubs all before he was 15 (he was at City and got booted because he got subbed in a match and threw his shirt at Paul Power and called him a nob, he was 13)! His parents (my sister) are fuckin useless. Buy him all the best clothes etc but never interact with him. The lads now 17 and an absolute waster

class sizes in private schools can be in single figures. State schools 30+.
Money well spent imho. not just for academic achievements, bullying is easier to spot and eradicate, personal development such as confidence is more likely to flourish in a more intimate environment that a small class engenders. A rock-solid education gives benefits for a life-time.

I have a couple of cousins who went to state primary and private secondary schools this is the route we are going to take with our daughter, its not only the class sizes in secondary its the other kids in the classes it only takes one scrote kid in a class to destroy the education of the whole class if they constantly disrupt etc. Don't tend to get that in private secondary schools as much, where it seems almost common place in state secondaries
Agree parents are far and away the most important influence on a child though.

No. Never. Not even if somebody else offered to pay.

I would close them all down tomorrow. They are an anachronistic throwback to days of Empire, designed to perpuate the elite and maintain privilige.

If they do remain, i would make anyone educated at such a place automatically barred from Parliament, the judiciary and any other public office.

hilts said:
Ja Salford Blue said:

if you can afford it comfortably then yes, but the caveat is that she puts the effort in otherwise take her out. don't throw your money on it if she won't benefit from it

spot on.

#shocked.

Ja Salford Blue said:

I think theyre friends are a huge influence on your kids, whatever school you send them too thats the friends they will hang about with, if your local school is full of scrotes then yeah Id send private, however if you have a very good local school (my eldest son went to Stalyhill in Stalybridge which was excellent) then I would probably use that.

stony said:

If you can afford it, then do it.

Children need a place in which they can learn effectively. That will bring out whatever is in them and provide them with the best chance in life.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.