Would you send your kid to private school?

The school can have a large influence on any child's education, however, if the teachers don't enjoy their job, and/or aren't interested in the kids' education/welfare, then it doesn't make much difference which kind of school the children go to.

I think it depends on location. I have got 2 at normal comprehensives - one goes to flixton girls and I think it is a superb school. The other is at urmston infants and again I am happy with it. The little lad is at a private school in Monton. This is largely for logistic reasons he has to go to school in Salford ( her parents pick him up and drop off each day) and we couldn't find a school we were happy with in Salford so pay for him to go private. He is pushed harder. I went to a private school and have done ok but my brother went to a comprehensive and has the same job as me etc. I think a lot of it is down to parents. We have moved back to Trafford because I don't want to have to pay when the lad is 11 and the schools in Trafford are miles better than those in Salford.

Ja Salford Blue said:
As the title says really, would you?

Me and the missis are both council estate kids (not wrong with that) but I am now in a position where I can afford to send our daughter to private school. She is 2 now so we have got to get her name down for a school soon. The missis is dead against sending her private but I remember how bad schools in salford were in the 90's.

In same position as you, my lad is 2 and we have recently gone through a process of planning which pre school, primary and secondary school options would be best. I can afford to send him private but I think at < 11 yrs old it's a bit pointless, also we have around 18 good state schools where we live and my opinion is that if he is bright enough he can get a place at grammar school after his 11+.

Rascal said:
No. Never. Not even if somebody else offered to pay.

I would close them all down tomorrow. They are an anachronistic throwback to days of Empire, designed to perpuate the elite and maintain privilige.

If they do remain, i would make anyone educated at such a place automatically barred from Parliament, the judiciary and any other public office.
Yep. Labour fucked up monumentally getting rid of most grammar schools didn't they.

Rascal said:

I would close them all down tomorrow. They are an anachronistic throwback to days of Empire, designed to perpuate the elite and maintain privilige.

If they do remain, i would make anyone educated at such a place automatically barred from Parliament, the judiciary and any other public office.

The bitterness is tangible

Paulpowersleftfoot said:
Rascal said:

You meant to post that in response to SWP's Back mate.

nimrod said:
Ja Salford Blue said:
As the title says really, would you?

Me and the missis are both council estate kids (not wrong with that) but I am now in a position where I can afford to send our daughter to private school. She is 2 now so we have got to get her name down for a school soon. The missis is dead against sending her private but I remember how bad schools in salford were in the 90's.

I think theyre friends are a huge influence on your kids, whatever school you send them too thats the friends they will hang about with, if your local school is full of scrotes then yeah Id send private, however if you have a very good local school (my eldest son went to Stalyhill in Stalybridge which was excellent) then I would probably use that.

My younger brother also went to Stalyhill.....

In Stalyvegas of course there was West Hill, which turned out a couple of dodgy characters, Peter Kenyon and another guy who will remain nameless.....:)

The more you pay for something, the better quality you get. That goes for housing, food, cars, clothes, medical care, care for the elderly, consumer goods, holidays, seats at football grounds etc etc.

There is no reason to suppose that this rule does not apply to schooling.

Paulpowersleftfoot said:
Rascal said:

Im not bitter at all.

In my world nobody would have to pay to send kids to a private school as all schools would be superb. The most intelligent would get the best education and chance to expand there horizons and the least intelligent would get the best education and the chance to expand there horizons regardless of social standing or wealth. Argue against that if you can?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.