Would you swap Nasri for Mata?

It already looks like Mata is going to be the focal point of everything creative Chelsea do. With Romans money and a top manager (soon enough im sure) they will be a force. Mata is class and just needs a few people around him. He's not Silva, because Silva creates things out of nothing, but with a few supporting characters Mata will wreak havoc on defences. Home v Wolves this weekend Chelsea will surely make some noise for once...just waiting for it.

Nasri as of now is a peripheral figure in our team in my opinion. He hasn't nailed down a starting spot, and NOBODY MENTIONS NASRI when picking our starting/best lineups. The fact of the matter is, as of this moment right now, I would swap Nasri for Mata. The question in the title of the thread is would you swap Nasri for Mata? Yes I would right now. Later on in the year, next season and beyond maybe not, but Mata is playing better football and is a better footballer than Nasri so yes I would swap him right now in a hypothetical sense.

Mike D said:
Kun Aguero said:
Similar type of players, both in the same age bracket, both will be on near enough the same wages..so would you?

Far too early to say both are similar age but Nasri has the premiership experience under his belt. Only time will tell on this one

far too early to say both are similar age !!!

nasri 1987, mata 1988............similar but not perfect

Kun Aguero said:
Similar type of players, both in the same age bracket, both will be on near enough the same wages..so would you?
No. When Samir finds his comfort zone in the heirarchy of the squad, when he settles into the style of our play and finds his form at a consistent level he will be a top player. He and Kun have not really fitted in with how we play yet (and Kun has scored over 10 goals, what's he going to be like when he really fits in?!) when they do they'll both be great!

Mata prefers playing on the right then drifting in so no. He was anonymous last night against Leverkusen on the left. Nasri first game aginst spurs was great think he had 2 or 3 assists. He's kinded faded off as Milner got a better work rate and needed against the likes of QPR but he carries more of a goal threat then mata and silva

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.