Would you want united in the final?

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Didsbury Dave said:
You can rest assured that the team united want to meet the least would be city because we have better players and will beat them if we play at our best.

I'd love to beat the fuckers as a small consolation for them taking our title. It wouldn't make up for it though, lets be honest.
Of course it wouldn't.

The other point is that we are far better equipped than anyone else to stop them getting a treble.
I would hazard an opinion that Barca, Bayern and Dortmund are best positioned to stop them winning a treble. I also think that Chelsea will be tough (if they get through), as that will be their last chance of a trophy this season. I'm not convinced that they're afraid of us now - they certainly were last season, but unfortunately it only lasted a year!

malg said:
Didsbury Dave said:
You can rest assured that the team united want to meet the least would be city because we have better players and will beat them if we play at our best.

I'd love to beat the fuckers as a small consolation for them taking our title. It wouldn't make up for it though, lets be honest.
Of course it wouldn't.

The other point is that we are far better equipped than anyone else to stop them getting a treble.
I would hazard an opinion that Barca, Bayern and Dortmund are best positioned to stop them winning a treble. I also think that Chelsea will be tough (if they get through), as that will be their last chance of a trophy this season. I'm not convinced that they're afraid of us now - they certainly were last season, but unfortunately it only lasted a year!

That's fair comment, malg. I meant in terms of the FA Cup, but my post certainly didn't make that clear.

cibaman said:
The bloke next to me at the semi final sat down when Yaya scored and spent the rest of the game with his coat over his head!

It would also be a late afternoon ko making it difficult to catch the last train, especially if it went to extra time. After the semi final I left the ground straight after the final whistle only to find myself on Wembley Way with about 5 other City fans and about 20,000 United fans. Not nice.

I'd prefer City v Chelsea. It would mean that United had lost the QF, might be the start of a slump. It would also be a game that we would enjoy winning rather than approach with the fear that we'd be on the wrong side of a shock.
Yep, me too, I won't be making that mistake ever again.

I wanted them home or away in the 5th or 6th round. Better to knock them out and have the chance of enjoying wembley. Now we can only meet them at Wembley and it's just not a nice day out with them there.

malg said:
Of course it wouldn't.

That's fair comment, malg. I meant in terms of the FA Cup, but my post certainly didn't make that clear.

Theya ren't good enough for the Champs League in my opinion so I'm not worried about that. I think Real will beat them at OT. But the double, for that fucking team with that fucking midfield, compared to ours, would be a bitter pill to swallow and be slap in the face for "the project". That's why this club badly needs to win the FA Cup, of course.

Beat them in the cup and win at OT and at least it sends a message "we are still here and still to be feared". It wouldn't ruin their title but take a little of the sheen off it.

Lads lads lads, calm down. It'll be united we play anyway. According to ESPN, The MEN and old bacon face himself the treble is on...

Obviously we've not had the memo!!!

The arrogance of them !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.