Would you...

I think if you are going to name a British child after a player it has to be A a player who has achieved legend status and B a name which is not so exotic as to cause problems for them later on. The likes of Joe, David, Vincent, james and Nigel are good and fairly subtle so would be perfect. Potentially Pablo and Carlos are also quite good and maybe Mario and Aleksandar at a stretch but I think Sergio, Yaya, Gael and Samir unless you're of that extraction might be a little too exotic. Then again if Sergio becomes a true legend you might see the name actually becoming very popular and therefore putting it into the realms of normality. Obviously for a girl anything goes so you can take your pick. A very subtle one for a girl might be Milly which is Milners nickname ...

Another one on the way due 21st Jan. The bump has a name, Vinnie, and if it's a boy Vincent is top of the list. Anyone who pronounces it Vansant will get a clip round the ear :-)

my dad named me and my brother after old city players, mines paul stuart and my younger brothers jack Rösler (our first and middle names btw )

mancity5 said:
My daughter finds out in 4 weeks if she's having a boy or girl,, she says if its a boy she calling him MARIO.

My boy is called ASA

Im thinking of changing my name to YAYA AGUERO.

You didn't fancy Kolo Kolarov?

Wanted to call our 9 year old daughter Keegan, but the wife was having none of it! I actually quite like it as a first name, but not too concerned the wife won that one..

My son was born in 85 and i wanted to call him david phillip but wife over ruled me and we called him phillip david if i had a lad now it would be vincent after our beloved captain

I went through all these options during my wife's pregnancy earlier in the year, posted on a previous thread on here.

I bottled it in trying to persuade her that our kid should be Yaya, Sergio, Mario, Vinne, Jolean etc, mainly cos she turned out to be a girl (born 2 weeks after the seasons finale).

I did get a bit of City in there tho... Myla-Blu! Definitely born to be blu(e).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.