'Wow' Moments in Video Games

The level in COD2 where you play as the Russians trying to defend a hill and you're ammo keeps running out against the onslaught and you keep needing to pull back...it's a wow moment.

Doom 1&2 for being completely terrifying.

Shenmue 1&2 for being incredibly awesome, stupidly immersive and extremely detailed to the point of a telephone having it's insides created in graphic form even though you can't see it.

Sonic the Hedgehog as it was the first game I ever played. I hated it and loved it in equal measures.

Phantasy Star Online for being the first console mmo and in 2000 the thought that you could sit on your sofa and play with or against a person on the other side of the world was incomprehensible to my 13 year old self.

Yes, I love Sega. I've had 3 Mega Drives, a Game Gear, A Master System and 6 Dreamcasts.

Wasn't it cod where you walk through that airport gunning down civilians?. I was like 'WTF' but I must admit, I enjoyed it :-/. Also the level when ya in that plane goin over that town with a birds eye view and you can switch between different guns and take out the bad guys below . That was awesome .<br /><br />-- Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:33 am --<br /><br />
given_is_ironman said:
Yes, I love Sega. I've had 3 Mega Drives, a Game Gear, A Master System and 6 Dreamcasts.

Not very reliable machines then ?.

afhald said:
bluemoon73 said:
afhald said:
Good achievements so far dude! My favourite moments have been when i killed Algalon and Anub Arak hc without wipes in the entire raid run. And of course the legendary staff for my warlock in firelands patch!

Tribute to insanity was the Anub one, did you get the mount?
Nope, because you meant Tribute to immortality (no one in the raid had to die).

I want to add to the list, Shenmue I & II for Dreamcast and Xbox, what a game for those years back.

ah you are talking Naxx not the final boss in Cotgc yes Naxx got the immortal title, pretty easy to get as you could do it right up to the end of wrath.

The opening music to Turrican II. This was 1991

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=xGGcUoKcKZSThgfdiIDIBg&url=http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DFvha_2hAzq0&cd=1&ved=0CC4QtwIwAA&usg=AFQjCNE2YVckY10elhJC5X-qbRvcFJS2-g&sig2=xAe4aAz8jPbmlEpa8mFKbg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sourc ... lEpa8mFKbg</a>

The first time you combine two colour bombs on Candy Crush Saga and all the candies explode. Just wow.

citytill1die84 said:
Playing FF7 for the 1st time wow the graphics.

I thought it was shity, and looked shit. Took a bit of getting into but I remember there were a few wow moments in that game, with some of the music and the highwind travelling around the world

Goldeneye and the medal of honour on the beaches, that have been mentioned, were wow moments for me. My mate got an N64 and we went round to play it and he was sniping people off on the first level, then going up to see the glass where the bullet had gone through and killed the guard, similar to what someone said on the first page. The whole thing blew my mind

And the medal of honour was another one. We were all amd for saving private ryan and that was just like playing a game that was a film. I saved up and bought a pc for that as soon as I could

Seeing the graphics on Monkey Island 2. I was wowed by the game.

Intro to Shadow Of The Beast 2 on the Amiga, even today this day it still looks and sounds good! Settlers and Syndicate had me wowed for an intro too

Seeing the intro to the game Worms on the playstation 1. My jaw dropped and I wanted one straight away

Pandemonium graphics on the Playstation 1, although it was a shitty 2d platormer, it was in an 3D world, the graphics were colourful and quite spectacular

I had played various split screen games before (Lotus 3 and various racing games) but going around a friends to play the Goldeneye with a 4 player split screen was a magnificent feeling of excitement, I was pinching myself could it get any better than this? I had no idea what it would be like and was completely blown away (mostly buy a rocket launcher)

I don't play games like I used to, but recently downloaded a game for Android (I think it's on Xbox and Apple products too) it's called Limbo, a dark platformer/puzzle game. I was in awe of the graphics and the tone.

Some people have mentioned Tomb Raider and I 100% agree. I was mesmorised through most of the game, the art work, the tombs, the size of the game, and the little snippets of music they chucked in now and again just made it beautiful. I think it was either level 4 or 5 where you're surrounded in some tombs with orange walls made me feel like I was going back to ancient times. People would probably laugh at all the polygons and her triangle tits now, but I played it about 5 years ago on the PSP and it was still a brilliant game

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.