Wow the hatred for our club is immense

strongbowholic said:
Fear leads to anger.
Anger leads to hate.
Hate leads to suffering.

Suffering is seeing your enemy top of the league and spanking goals in for fun against you.
Did you just quote Master Yoda??

EddieR said:
Send them this link ;-)

http://35-years-of-fun.over-blog.com/article-the-history-boys-part-three-88643646.html

Carrick 18m
Berbatov 30.75m
Phil Jones 16.5m
Smalling 10m
De Gea 18m
Valencia 16m
Ash Young 17m
Wio 30m
Wooney 25.6m

That's 8 players in the current squad totalling nearly £182m, at an average of £22.73m!!!!!

Good stat to throw at any Rag telling us we're buying success. And as for them earning it, so having the right to spend it: get f***ing real!

Add to that:

Veron @ £29m
Van Horse Face @ £19m
Hargreaves @ £17m

When talking about money the best reaction is to simply ask them something along the lines of: "if you are truly concerned about the state of football, the question you should be asking is why did city (and chelsea before us) have to spend that much to compete"

bluebanana83 said:
The Pink Panther said:
You need to e-mail the rags this if they're saying we spent big in a very small space of time....

Martin Edwards, was unwilling to sanction the level of spending that Ferguson had expected when he came to the club. Interviews from the time illustrate his frustration: “I came here thinking I would have the luxury of buying players. I have done a lot of hard work at youth levels but to win the League we need to buy. I'm disappointed I haven't had that kind of money. Liverpool has bought the best and what sticks in my gullet is the difference between “them and us”. He (Martin Edwards) is now facing two very tough choices between having a very good team and balancing the books” (Crick and Smith 1989). An illustration of the financial straightjacket Ferguson found himself in came in the summer of 1988 when he tried to sign Paul Gascoigne but was refused permission by Edwards.
Things changed in the summer of 1989. Between July and September Ferguson was allowed to go on a spending spree. He bought five players: Gary Pallister, Neil Webb, Paul Ince, Mike Phelan and Danny Wallace for somewhere in the region of £8m an astronomical outlay for the time.

Ahh but the classic retort is that they earned the money, hence could spend it. Sod them I say.

This argument is a bit like saying if your brother gives you a shirt for Christmas you haven't earned the right to wear it. Or if your mate buys you a pint you haven't earned the right to drink it.

EddieR said:
Send them this link ;-)

http://35-years-of-fun.over-blog.com/article-the-history-boys-part-three-88643646.html

Carrick 18m
Berbatov 30.75m
Phil Jones 16.5m
Smalling 10m
De Gea 18m
Valencia 16m
Ash Young 17m
Wio 30m
Wooney 25.6m

That's 8 players in the current squad totalling nearly £182m, at an average of £22.73m!!!!!

Good stat to throw at any Rag telling us we're buying success. And as for them earning it, so having the right to spend it: get f***ing real!

Actually, you need to learn how to count ;-)

The Pink Panther said:
EddieR said:
Send them this link ;-)

Carrick 18m
Berbatov 30.75m
Phil Jones 16.5m
Smalling 10m
De Gea 18m
Valencia 16m
Ash Young 17m
Wio 30m
Wooney 25.6m

Actually, you need to learn how to count ;-)

Hope it doesn't effect the average otherwise he'll feel like a right tool

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.