Wrexham thread

They're top of the league. I'm not a believer yet but I never thought they'd be where they are now.
The top end of the National League is superior quality to the bottom half of League 2. It's increasingly common for back to back promotions.

The gap from National League to League One is not big. Wouldn't be surprised for them to get promoted again although think the form may tail off a bit from the good start they've made.

It's a bigger jump in quality from League One to the
Championship though (arguably bigger than Championship to Prem), and without stupid levels of investment they will struggle to break through that ceiling. I think the interest in the documentary is waning so we'll see the appetite of the owners to continue to pursue that dream. The money the documentary has generated means they've not really had to put their hands in their pocket yet since the first year.

Great journey for their fans though.

I think the watershed moment for Wrexham is if Ryan Reynolds decides to cash in on his investment and move on. I don't watch too much TV unless (it's sport) so before the takeover I didn't know who Rob McElhenney was.

From my perspective the interest in the club is really an interest in Reynolds, he's a Hollywood star at the end of the day.

Are the American/General public going to be as interested in the club if it's owned my a US Hedgefund for example?

Away at Birmingham tonight. Can see that being a feisty little affair off the pitch.

Watching Birmingham v Wrexham. I haven’t had a good look at the North Walians yet this season so I’m interested.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.