WSL Arsenal [A] 22/9/24

Hopefully we can relax a bit and play with more intensity - they are only dangerous on long ball transitions and we need Jess to tuck in and help Yui a bit more as she is getting caught in no mans land.

Great save that - again simple direct ball through the middle is far too easy, this is where we miss Jill who has a big presence.

We can win this if Taylor makes a few adjustments and we play faster.
Don't think it's helping that when Hemp goes chasing after the ball on the press she's not bothering about what's she's leaving behind her. We haven't got enough in midfield to cover and it's leaving wide open space for their right back to run into and gives them an easy out.

The difference in the commentary when arsenal scored and when City scored. I just went out of the room, when i came back it was 1-1. When arsenal scored I could hear it upstairs

Don't think it's helping that when Hemp goes chasing after the ball on the press she's not bothering about what's she's leaving behind her. We haven't got enough in midfield to cover and it's leaving wide open space for their right back to run into and gives them an easy out.
Yep it's all well and good playing attack minded players but you cannot have Yui as your only midfield player disciplined enough to know where the space is. We miss Jill in this position. For me we need to keep our wide players wide and move the ball quicker which will tire them out and create space for Bunny and Viv to work in.

Just no movement in the middle , Alex Greenwood just keep walking it out , then turning and playing it back to the keeper !
Miedema or Bunny Shaw shouldn't have too come and get the ball from Greenwood !
Hasegawa needs too get in to game , she our "star" player , but I've not heard her name !

Just no movement in the middle , Alex Greenwood just keep walking it out , then turning and playing it back to the keeper !
Miedema or Bunny Shaw shouldn't have too come and get the ball from Greenwood !
Hasegawa needs too get in to game , she our "star" player , but I've not heard her name !

Well, Miedema isn't up to speed with the City play, yet. Looks like she's still in Arse mode of being motionless until the ball gets to her. When she presses, though, she's extremely effective.

As for Hasegawa, I don't think it's on her. You've said there's no movement in the middle, so there's the problem.

Know wonder, have you looked it up.

Ha, fair point but Danny Shittu was never called - that QPR centre back.

They always cheer on the red teams. We are the enemy.

Worst one was Martin Tyler. Remember when Dzeko scored a huge goal at Goodison in the title race and Tyler’s reaction was the equivalent to us getting a throw in. When Barclay scored for them to go 1-0 up it was like all his dreams had come true.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.