WSL Aston Villa (H) 20/10/24

Certainly, Villa are more up for this than us. Ref is letting a lot of “ dodgy” tackles go and to be fair we are not strong enough, or brave enough to compete with Villa’s tough approach. We have been playing like this (side to side and backwards) for some time now and we are so slow to go forward. This must be on the instructions of management and as I have said for some time nothing will change until management changes and that won’t happen for a while as he has signed a new long term contract recently.
I still think we will win this one in the end but eventually this kind of play will be our undoing.
Do we have a crowd today or are they cardboard cutouts. I don’t blame them entirely as they are watching dross.

Villa look good defend well and don't back off players they tackle when they need to as in sliding in or getting tight! Second half expect us to score goals in and win

could have been 2 yellows towards the end of the half, this ref has some previous against us if i remember correctly
I’m not surprised to read that pal, having watched the first half.

Only by starting to give some yellows would she be able to stop their constant spoiling tactics - and I don’t just mean in the last 5-10 mins of the game (which is a classic officials way of making it look on paper afterwards like they were balanced).

Good lord, sterile, slow and dull. Need big improvement to beat a decent Villa side.
Greenwood and Fowler very poor and have no idea why our goalie takes an utter age over everything
Down to the coaching, bloody hell speed things up and get the ball in the box. They just don’t test the keeper enough.

Defensive 4-2-4, Fuck me they've been in our half 3 times and managed 1 shot.
They will tire second half as they've run themselves ragged in that half.
We've got to be better last pass.
Common girls, 2nd half we'll beat these fucking low block merchants.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.