WSL Aston Villa (H) 20/10/24

Good lord, sterile, slow and dull. Need big improvement to beat a decent Villa side.
Greenwood and Fowler very poor and have no idea why our goalie takes an utter age over everything
Maybe because Villa are closing down our defenders so she's looking for other options to bypass that initial press. Midfield far too static so that often means Bunny dropping deep to give the option.

I don't think swapping keepers helps.

I'm guessing it was a contractual obligation of the new keeper.

Maybe.

I'm often critical of Yamashita's play, but she's done nowt wrong for the goal.

I'm positive Keating would have been rooted the same way, but I've also seen how agile she is for that kind of shot.

So, who knows?!!

Maybe.

I'm often critical of Yamashita's play, but she's done nowt wrong for the goal.

I'm positive Keating would have been rooted the same way, but I've also seen how agile she is for that kind of shot.

So, who knows?!!
Indeed.

Scott trying to blame her at half time was a bit shitty.

Don't particularly want to pile in on Taylorb ut why doesn't he let Lauren just work her magic on the left. She's lost by her own high standards and she's as near as you can have to a guaranteed match winner.

Hemp has been good going forward, I just think we need someone like Cloe Kelly on to get some more shooting and take players on, especially as we can't get Mary Fowler in the game, overall we are playing OK, just need to raise the tempo and get some shots going.

Good lord, sterile, slow and dull. Need big improvement to beat a decent Villa side.
Greenwood and Fowler very poor and have no idea why our goalie takes an utter age over everything
I also think our players without the ball aren’t making enough effort to place themselves in a position to receive the ball.
It puts the player on the ball under ridiculous pressure as they have no one to pass to, which means they either have to turn/beat the Villa player (which not many outside Hemp can do), or end up getting pressured and losing the ball, or going back once again to the defenders/keeper.

There were quite a few times when Roord had the ball but others like Hasegawa were nowhere near close enough, or just stood behind a Villa player.

11 behind the ball then a footrace, must be the easiest drill to learn...City trying to thread the needle through the shirt-pulling and pushing Villa team, but no attempt to draw defenders forward by sitting deeper...We have the players to be an effective counter-attacking side, instead of the samo samo hoping for a slip-up through tiredness. The opposition know EXACTLY what to expect and come prepared.

11 behind the ball then a footrace, must be the easiest drill to learn...City trying to thread the needle through the shirt-pulling and pushing Villa team, but no attempt to draw defenders forward by sitting deeper...We have the players to be an effective counter-attacking side, instead of the samo samo hoping for a slip-up through tiredness. The opposition know EXACTLY what to expect and come prepared.
I’m sure the manager has got options like that up his sleeve, ready to unleash in the second half …

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.