WSL Liverpool (A) 13/10/24 KO 15:00

Shame Karen Bardsley isn't still playing. A keeper of her quality would really compliment this exciting squad of players we have. I fear the goalie position could cost us again this season!

I expect Karen wouldn't have been good enough with her feet for us these days. She's the equivalent of Joe Hart - great at the time. Great commanding keeper though.

I expect Karen wouldn't have been good enough with her feet for us these days. She's the equivalent of Joe Hart - great at the time. Great commanding keeper though.
Good point. Seems to be the criteria at city all levels to use the keepers distribution in playing out from the back. Ok with Ederson but sometimes I get a bit nervous watching the women passing around in defence! Seems to be working tho.

I think it's a bit early to be jumping on the keeper's back. Yamashita's settled in pretty well considering this is the first she has signed for a club outside her own country. I was surprised that she got the starting spot straight away but as has been mentioned I think the off-field activities of Keating may have cost her. Judging by her celebration after the Barca game though she seems to have taken it pretty well. Hope she can knuckle down and learn from the experience and become the really top keeper not just for us but for England too.

Don't think Keating covered herself in glory with the nitros oxide stuff either, not a great look that for a professional footballer.

I think it is important to just add here that there is still nothing in the public domain that confirms one way or the other that she used or distributed nitrous oxide. It's possible her mum is taking the blame on her behalf but for the time being her mum has said they were hers and that's all we know really. It's not like where you've had players such as Grealish, Sterling and Bissouma literally on camera doing it (and suffering minimal disruption to their careers).

Obviously there were other things about that incident that betray a lack of maturity. i.e. the fact that the police found the canisters because she crashed her car whilst on her phone.

I can see the idea behind bringing in a more experienced keeper like Yamashita and she must be a better keeper than we've seen so far. But I'm also frustrated that Keating is on the bench having been the best goalie in the league last year and also used to the way we play. Yamashita makes me nervous at the moment.

It's also a shame for Keating as the England jersey is fully up for grabs now with Earps' form having dropped off a cliff. She has no chance of winning it ahead of Hampton before the Euros now though.

I think it is important to just add here that there is still nothing in the public domain that confirms one way or the other that she used or distributed nitrous oxide.
Yeah fully aware of that, but she did appear in court, andi doubt it went down well at the club.

I didn't see the full game on Sunday, just the highlights, so can't judge Yamashita yet, I'm sure Keating will get plenty more chances, she still very young.

Yeah fully aware of that, but she did appear in court, andi doubt it went down well at the club.

I didn't see the full game on Sunday, just the highlights, so can't judge Yamashita yet, I'm sure Keating will get plenty more chances, she still very young.

I doubt it went down well at the club either but if her demotion is genuinely down to that incident, then I don't think it's really fair given we've seen players on the men's team treated way more leniently for worse behaviour.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.