WTF Bad Decision

Did petrov score yesterday? i know i spent most of the second half with the st johns rapid response unit but im sure i seen petrov score

The OP is right - not a single tackle. Still, he made 53 passes which was nearly 20 more than the anyone else on the pitch (De Jong with 34). In fact he made 40 successful passes which isn't bad for a winger (as they are often passing/crossing into the box which is very different to passing round the centre circle).

SWP however made eleven tackles! (shame only two were successful).

That statistic too may be bourne out of trying to avoid getting caught on the ball, which is something he very rarely does, still I suggest maybe more out of fear than good management

Lordeffingham said:
That statistic too may be bourne out of trying to avoid getting caught on the ball, which is something he very rarely does, still I suggest maybe more out of fear than good management

You are the new Lord of negative spin :)

Lordeffingham said:

Desperation_Podcast_600.jpg

I do like Petrov but I also think you make a valid point and why is it he has to do 50 shit crosses before a good one.Definately should be carefully selected though.

At least some consideration to the post, rather than a knee jerk reaction to jump into defensive mode, I do think he is a great asset to our arsenal, but needs to be used more wisely, and his delivery is dubious and sometimes hit and hope, it was intended as a constructive criticism more on the possition he was placed in, but he is still a fairy. If we'd had Vinny Jones, Terry or even Barton in the same training session, am sure they'd have twatted him, lol, quite surprised Bellers hasn't tbh.

Instead of moaning about certain players just think back 3 years and recall who we had on the bench then.If Bellamy had been fit Petrov would have been on the bench, not a bad sub I would say

Thenumber1blue said:
why is it he has to do 50 shit crosses before a good one

5 successful passes into the box and 7 unsuccessful. Bearing in mind that a successful pass into the box is often a great goal scoring opportunity that's not a bad ratio.

But if that doesn't do it for you how about this....number of successful passes into the box from ALL the other city players against Wigan? Answer: One (and guess who was on the end of it and scored)

It's a valid point about his defensive work but last night he was by far our most penetrative attacking player. The Tevez pass was the only other pass into the box all game (no one else even hit an unsuccessful pass!) so when the ball went into the danger area it was Petrov who managed it 12 out of 13 times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.