Wycombe (H) - EFL Cup R3 | Man of the Match

Man of the Match

• Total voters
Have to say I was impressed by everyone today but Foden was just unreal.

Steffen - 8/10 - 2 really good saves, nothing he could do on the goal
Egan-Riley - 7/10
Burns - 7/10
Mbete - 8/10 - Passing range and confidence was really impressive
Wilson-Esbrand - 9/10 - All round top LB performance. Got in behind numerous times and bagged a great assist.
Lavia - 8/10
de Bruyne - 9/10
Foden - 10/10 - Head and shoulders above the opposition. MotM.
Sterling - 8/10
Mahrez - 9/10
Ferran 7/10

Palmer - 8/10 - A Wonder goal and a couple of nice touches off the bench.
McAtee - 6/10 - Not his fault, was shifted at LB for 20 mins couldn't do a lot.

The left back, Wilson Esbrand. Make no mistake, Pep took that lad off purely because he wants him ready for the first team.

Could have easily played it safe and tidy tonight, but he showed so much more. Pace, awareness, anticipation, slide rule pass even... Left sided Kyle walker in the making.

Easy one tonight. Young Phil. Thought, Josh Wilson-Esbrand was the pick of the young players and might well have given Pep something to think about, given our paucity of left back cover. All in all an excellent night's entertainment.

Obviously Foden. He was magical especially as Wycombe tired. I thought Sterling, De Bruyne, and Mahrez were excellent too. Great goal from Palmer and I was impressed with all the young players. I liked the two centre-backs especially Mbete

We all know it was Foden.

Thought the young(er) lads played really well particularly Wilson-Esbrand and the man who got my vote Lavia (to play as the pivot between a youthful back 4 and a star studded front 5 and to not look out of place was a credit to him)

But we all know it was Foden.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.