Wycombe (H) - EFL Cup R3 | Post-Match Thread

Most enjoyable match for ages imo.

To see that many of our youth team come in and play so fucking well was an absolute joy.

They were all so self assured, composed and mature.

The fact they were all able to seamlessly slot into Pep's system proves how well our Academy is working.

Proper conveyor belt. The future is very bright.
Agree mate.

It's so refreshing to watch the youngsters play and I feel like this game has recharged all our batteries, and I feel it was what we all needed before the mighty challenges of the next week.

I was mightily impressed by all of the kids. Particular credit to Mbete (a beast), Lavia (he is our future DM), Wilson-Esbrande (brilliant attacking forays), and of course a scintillating cameo by Palmer.

This game I think will reinvigorate the whole squad.

Bring on the big guns!

Phil world class at times tonight

i said to my son about 15 minutes into the game foden needs to get hold of the game like david silva used to and control the tempo and pep must have heard me hahahaha

the lad is world class and is the key to this city team when he drives us forward.. he takes control of the game by its neck and scares anybody with he feet and speed and power.. thank god he is a blue

All the kids can hold their heads high tonight. All stood up to the task and didn't shy away. Esbrand was particularly Impressive going forward but Burns impressed me most with his calmness, reading of danger and alertness. If we're being brutally honest though, none of them look remotely ready to be stepping into the first team against Premier league opposition anytime soon.

Palmer in the short time he was given continues to show he's the closest to making the grade right now but hes looking for games in an area we are not just well stacked, we're overloaded. Keep him around until January then get the kid a loan move and playing every week.

Foden majestic. Simply has to start against Chelsea and liverpool, it's for Pep to decide where but if he's benched it will cost us. kdb slowly removing the rustiness,good nights work for him in terms of being ready for the big games. mahrez looks a bit out of sorts at the minute despite 2 nice goals which is weird considering he looked electric coming into pre-season, Torres continues to do very little but gets on the end of things and sterling was poor once more.

Job done, quickly move on to bigger things.

??

KDB is just coming back from injury and needs match fitness and you want him to run the game and score more goals
boy we have really lost the plot if beating a championship side 6.1 with half the team making their first game for city

give your head a wobble

I was only opining on his performances not the reasons behind it. Based on that performance I don't want him starting at Chelsea ahead of Bernardo.

Whether he is fully fit or half fit is irrelevant when discussing whether he deserves to start the next game which is what I said in my OP.

Wilson-Esbrand, talent. The young lads did really well. Foden, otherworldly talent. Raz was unlucky tonight but did a lot of good stuff. Annoyed that McAtee had to play LB but at least, he was able to stretch his legs

Oh dear. What sport do you normally watch?

Fortunately Pep can see the bigger picture. Kev is coming back from injury & is likely to be a bit rusty but he had a decent game tonight whilst also marshalling a lot of kids (all of whom were excellent & have the City DNA & played the City way - hahaha eat your heart out OGS)

I try and be objective, I know it's almost as unpopular to criticise Kevin on here as it is to praise Sterling but regardless of his fitness I thought he was poor today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.