Wycombe (H) - EFL Cup R3 | Post-Match Thread

Judge Kev on what he does in the next three games, not tonight. That’s what it’s all about. I was surprised to see him play the 90 but clearly they’ve judged he needs the game time and I’ve noticed this about him before: as our key man he gets in a Rhythm and is very fit and will run game after game. We need him to win the next three for us. Tonight didn’t really matter.

His whole game was a fitness exercise, how anyone can look at his performance today and slate him is laughable.

I will annoy even more people with this then. It was a very Pogba-like performance IMO, some brilliant balls when he was in acres of space but a lot of the game just passed him by.

He is supposed to be our best player and was shown up massively by Foden tonight, that is the sort of performance I expect from him (and Mahrez).
Don't worry about Kev. The machine is starting to crank up. Standby for some big games from him in the next week.

Fuck me - managers like Dyche and Pulis will be livid at those comments
Have to laugh at the pettiness of the BBC. They have left out how he praised us from the match report and only posted half of what he said:

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola: "I am just going to say thank you very much to all the Academy. They have many good players, not just one or two. We can count on them absolutely. With their skills and desire, they have got it at this club. I am so proud to be manager of this club."

Wycombe manager Gareth Ainsworth: "The first 22 minutes were special! What a moment for the fans who travelled all this way. A few months ago they were locked in their homes and couldn't see us in the Championship. Those scenes when the goal went in were incredible."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.