Wycombe (H) - EFL Cup R3 - Tue 21 Sep 19:45 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's five wins to Wembley and six wins to a trophy, and to break the record for the longest winning run in League Cup history. I hope we go hell for leather for it every single season. It's a great bit of silverware and it gives us a mid-season boost to go on and achieve our targets in May.

We're also tied with Liverpool on 8 wins each as the most successful teams in the competition's history so it would be nice to overtake them and stand alone at the top.

Play the kids mixed with 2-3 first teamers who need the match experience, will likely be enough for comfortable victory. People sometimes forget our opposition in league cup also rest their main players at this stage, even lower league clubs. The cup is everyone's chance to give game time to players who haven't yet got it in a risk free environment.

I agree - I want this cup and want us to be the outright leader on it.

Probably another 20 years before we knock the scum and dippers off their league, FA and euro perch.

Let’s at least get this one under our belt.

As for the game….sounds like Mbete could be getting a start alongside Ake as Pep hinted at Dias having a rest.

Could it be Carson in goal as well or will Steffen now be able to play?

Surely Palmer will be starting, possibly Lavia. I reckon Delap will be on the bench. Can see Mahrez, Sterling and Torres starting too.

I think defence is the main concern.

Looking forward to this more than the RB game..don’t think I’m the only one with that mindset.

Steffen

Walker Mbete Ake Wilson-Esbrand

Lavia

Mahrez Foden Palmer Sterling

Torres
You must be joking. Walker arguably needs a rest more than anybody. By the way, there are some amazing betting odds around. City 0-1 @ 100/1 for example. Great opportunity to make some money and ease the pain of a loss. I won betting on City 0-0 Soton @25/1 at the weekend.

the EDS kids will make up most the team and would like to see mcatee get a game maybe delap
plus palmer and edozie

Would rather we went with a predominantly youth heavy team but that never seems to be the Pep way.

Just praying for no more injuries

Steffen
Bolton Ake Mbete Wilson-Esbrand
De Bruyne Lavia Palmer
Mahrez Torres Foden

Pep's basically said no Gundo, Dias or Cancelo and after Saturday I'd be amazed to see Walker or Dinho starting.

McAtee and Delap to be with the EDS, Kayky on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.