Xabi Alonso

silvasleftleg said:
You have to ask yourself, why on earth would Real want to get rid of him ? Is there something wrong with the player ? Injury prone ? Is he not the same player anymore ?

Steer clear, is what i'd say.
They want to keep him, Alonso himself has been holding off on signing a new deal.

silvasleftleg said:
You have to ask yourself, why on earth would Real want to get rid of him ? Is there something wrong with the player ? Injury prone ? Is he not the same player anymore ?

Don't think they do want to get rid of him.

I can see this happening on a loan deal and it would be a great signing, exactly the kind of player we need, take on Garcias role and would get more games for us than with madrid

pee dubya said:
silvasleftleg said:

They want to keep him, Alonso himself has been holding off on signing a new deal.

Why would he not sign a new deal ? Does he want more money ? If so, we don't need gold diggers.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
He's gotta be pushing forty!

Yep! Just checked. He's 32! Legs can't have many miles left in him, or kilometres as he probably uses!

Anyway, if he's not wanted by Real, he shouldn't be on our radar.

Age doesn't matter that much for his position. I think he's probably got another 4-5 years. His game isn't based on being physical so it doesn't matter if he physically deteriorates a little. He'll still have the mental and technical game that makes him good.

silvasleftleg said:
pee dubya said:
silvasleftleg said:

Why would he not sign a new deal ? Does he want more money ? If so, we don't need gold diggers.
Because he hasn't (or hadn't) decided whether he wants to stay. If he was to leave he'll have his pick of clubs, little point in committing yourself in his position.

And he's from the Basque country, not like he's a Madrista or has any special connection to Real.

Guilleme ballague just said we have an offer in for him. Just on sky now on the Valencia v athletico game

City website is reporting he's on the verge of signing a new deal with Madrid including a pay raise. Would have been a great short term fix. Provides good offensive play from the deep play-maker role, good leadership as well. Something we could use.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.