Xbox 360 novice

mrmario

Not into computer games massively but saw an offer on Amazon which I thought was too good to be true. Got an x-box Arcade, 2 controllers, fifa, pure and batman on Monday for £110. Opened up an Amazon credit card at the same time and got £15 off. Got the whole lot for 95 notes!!!! Was well chuffed! Didnt do any research before buying it though. I know it hasn't got an internal hard-drive - will this matter much? Will prob only play it for about 5 hours per week? Also what games should I get?

I use the memory to save game progress on or downlaodable content. Not sure if you can use smaller USB memory sticks.
As for games, depends what you like and how old you are.

Modern Warefare is the most popular selling FPS (First Person Shooter) or there are some good sports games including Tigerwoods Golf and PES/FIFA (football games)

If you haven't played before, I would suggest renting a couple of games from blockbuster or lovefilm or borrowing form a mate and trying out before you buy - else it can be expensive

mrmario said:
Not into computer games massively but saw an offer on Amazon which I thought was too good to be true. Got an x-box Arcade, 2 controllers, fifa, pure and batman on Monday for £110. Opened up an Amazon credit card at the same time and got £15 off. Got the whole lot for 95 notes!!!! Was well chuffed! Didnt do any research before buying it though. I know it hasn't got an internal hard-drive - will this matter much? Will prob only play it for about 5 hours per week? Also what games should I get?
are you going to get live if you are you will need a hardrive

joe mclean said:
mrmario said:
are you going to get live if you are you will need a hardrive

Never really bothered with online gaming so not gonna be an issue really.Just wanna make sure the internal memory can store a few saved games on it.

mrmario said:

big problem right there mate, can be quite serious, its called...

You should have bought a ps3! fool! :)

Online games to get:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (COD 6) £40 - A must.

Gears of War 2 £15 - Play the original first, lots of people still play this online.

Halo 3 £10 - Fantastic Multiplayer, highly reccomended.

Fifa 10 £20 - Love the online and manager mode.

Left 4 Dead 2 £30 - All my mates say its a right laugh, I played the first one and that impressed me.

Single players to get:

The Orange Box 5 GAMES IN 1 (Half Life2, HL2:Ep1, HL2:Ep2, Team Fortress 2 and Portal) £10 - All the games included are brilliant, Half Life 2 is worth £10 on its own easily.

Bioshock £10 - Up there with the best RPG's I've ever played. (Fable, FF:7, HL2 are the best I've played and this isn't that far off)

Assasins Creed 2 £30 - Also been highly reccomended and has got high ratings on IGN, Gamerspot...etc.

Oblivion/Fallout 3 £20 - Both obviously are similar as they are made by the same company but everyone seems to love these game, however I do not.

Forza 3 £30 - Best racing game on the 360.

GTA4 £15 - Didn't really meet expectations but its still GTA...you can still blow up people and shit haha.

G.R.A.W 2 £10 - I really enjoyed this game. No one really plays online but like you said, your not to fussed about that.

I picked up Condemned in HMV for 7 quid and it is fuckin terrifying playing it on your own.

Bioshock pretty much submerged me (pun intended) into that world and never let go until it was finished, a truly unique experience that game. Scary as fook too.

Anyway this deal sounds absolutely amazing, I use my 360 pretty much daily. Mainly fifa right now but I'll pick up MW2 soon enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.