Ya Ya Toure

Maineman55

Have we got a better big game player at the club than Ya Ya ?
Don't think we have.
Came in for big bucks, and more than a few raised eyebrows.
But if there's a more imposing midfielder in the PL, then I don't know who it is.
Comes up with big goals, semi-final,final. Today.
And has been the cornerstone of our success.

By sheer coincidence, it's his 29th birthday next Sunday.
What a way to celebrate !

Maineman55 said:
Have we got a better big game player at the club than Ya Ya ?
Don't think we have.
Came in for big bucks, and more than a few raised eyebrows.
But if there's a more imposing midfielder in the PL, then I don't know who it is.
Comes up with big goals, semi-final,final. Today.
And has been the cornerstone of our success.

By sheer coincidence, it's his 29th birthday next Sunday.
What a way to celebrate !
Yaya is world class

Still trying to fathom what possessed Guardiola when it came to letting him go, can't think of a better all round player in the world at this moment, he could play any position on the pitch with ease, I bet he's even a good keeper.

Dirty Harry said:
Still trying to fathom what possessed Guardiola when it came to letting him go, can't think of a better all round player in the world at this moment, he could play any position on the pitch with ease, I bet he's even a good keeper.

He did want to keep him, but like everyone else, he needed to sell to add to the Barca squad.

carlos92 said:
Dirty Harry said:

He did want to keep him, but like everyone else, he needed to sell to add to the Barca squad.

I've heard something about Busquets being Catalan and his father being Guardiola's friend

I wasn't convinced until he settled, the two games in the latter stages of the FA cup made his acquisition a no brainer for me, this season he has been nothing short of a revelation

I wonder why it took him so long to find form. He's 29 next month and before only a few years ago not many had heard of him.

Brian Reade, a journalist, wrote this piece when we signed Yaya.

“Toure is not actually that great. He’s not a creative genius who will get backsides off seats but a defensive midfielder who stops players who can.”

“He wasn’t even a regular at Barcelona. He may not even get a game at City (stop laughing at the back), who already have four highly-rated players to fill that role.”

But how do outsiders begin to describe how depressing the implications of this transfer are? I can understand luring the sought-after David Silva to Eastlands for £140,000-a-week, but giving a quarter-of-a-million quid every seven days to a defensive squad player who no other club would have touched for that kind of money and whose name won’t sell shirts, is insanity on a previously unimagined scale.

See the shaking of parents’ heads when City scouts ask to let their little fella join their academy. See the disillusion on the faces of the City youngsters who won the Youth Cup two years ago.

Spot the link with England’s woeful performances which showed the lack of quality throughout the squad. We just don’t have the players. Mainly because they’ve had their way blocked by average, over-paid foreign mercenaries.

An objective outsider would look at the obscene amount paid to seduce Toure to England, look at the country’s lamentable showing in the World Cup, and conclude we deserve our misery because we’ve become the whores of world football.” (Mirror)

Hmmmmmm, let me think about that for a while............

if you could duplicate any footballer so that there were 11 of them, to make a complete side...i think the yaya toure's just might be the best in the world. for what that's worth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.