Ya Ya Toure

Not wanting to go off topic here, but Brian Reade really is a Class A nob of the highest order.
I've had the misfortune of reading some of his bile in the past, and it really is astonishing how he even made it as a so called journalist!

Brian "dipper" Reade?
This is worth a read.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.footballfancast.com/2012/05/football-blogs/why-yaya-toure-earns-200000-a-week" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.footballfancast.com/2012/05/ ... 000-a-week</a>

BOMBER7967 said:
Brian Reade, a journalist, wrote this piece when we signed Yaya.

“Toure is not actually that great. He’s not a creative genius who will get backsides off seats but a defensive midfielder who stops players who can.”

“He wasn’t even a regular at Barcelona. He may not even get a game at City (stop laughing at the back), who already have four highly-rated players to fill that role.”

But how do outsiders begin to describe how depressing the implications of this transfer are? I can understand luring the sought-after David Silva to Eastlands for £140,000-a-week, but giving a quarter-of-a-million quid every seven days to a defensive squad player who no other club would have touched for that kind of money and whose name won’t sell shirts, is insanity on a previously unimagined scale.

See the shaking of parents’ heads when City scouts ask to let their little fella join their academy. See the disillusion on the faces of the City youngsters who won the Youth Cup two years ago.

Spot the link with England’s woeful performances which showed the lack of quality throughout the squad. We just don’t have the players. Mainly because they’ve had their way blocked by average, over-paid foreign mercenaries.

An objective outsider would look at the obscene amount paid to seduce Toure to England, look at the country’s lamentable showing in the World Cup, and conclude we deserve our misery because we’ve become the whores of world football.” (Mirror)

Hmmmmmm, let me think about that for a while............

Disgraceful article. Just shows what we've had to put up with whilst trying to play our football

Proud to say that my son, Yann, now 14 (not a bad little centre forward ! ,not that I'm biased !!) was always known as YaYA by his mum (French..that's what they do !!) when he was little

I think the missus had divining powers
Delighted at what the big fella has produced on the big occasions...

He may end his days at Barca... but for now he's ours and , despite the sad attempts at rumour spinning by the rag press of his comments on that subject... he's ours next season too, IMHO

Post subject: YayaPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:15 pm

the man can pass, controls every ball, dribble, head, upstoppable on the run, can play defensive, right up with strikers, is massive in size and power, scores big goals, has won it all. Probably as much ability as an player we've ever owned. a little lazy on minor games but.....i Love him.

I said this after QPR away in November.

Still love him!!!

BOMBER7967 said:
Brian Reade, a journalist, wrote this piece when we signed Yaya.

“Toure is not actually that great. He’s not a creative genius who will get backsides off seats but a defensive midfielder who stops players who can.”

“He wasn’t even a regular at Barcelona. He may not even get a game at City (stop laughing at the back), who already have four highly-rated players to fill that role.”

But how do outsiders begin to describe how depressing the implications of this transfer are? I can understand luring the sought-after David Silva to Eastlands for £140,000-a-week, but giving a quarter-of-a-million quid every seven days to a defensive squad player who no other club would have touched for that kind of money and whose name won’t sell shirts, is insanity on a previously unimagined scale.

See the shaking of parents’ heads when City scouts ask to let their little fella join their
academy. See the disillusion on the faces of the City youngsters who won the Youth Cup two years ago.

Spot the link with England’s woeful performances which showed the lack of quality throughout the squad. We just don’t have the players. Mainly because they’ve had their way blocked by average, over-paid foreign mercenaries.

An objective outsider would look at the obscene amount paid to seduce Toure to England,
look at the country’s lamentable showing in the World Cup, and conclude we deserve our misery because we’ve become the whores of world football.” (Mirror)

Hmmmmmm, let me think about that for a while............

AHAHAHAHA!! Would love to meet this "journo" and remind him of this piece of crap he wrote, what an idiot

I have never really worked out what Yaya does same with Barry really. All I know is that they are winners and without them the team doesn't function in the same way as when they are playing. Yaya is not a prolific goal scorer but scores important goals, when in defence I am never too certain whether his tackle is going to be clean or a silly foul. He certainly moans a lot when he gives away a foul and I always panic thinking he will get booked or sent off one day when it really matters. His passing is good over really short distance Barceloesque but his long passes can either be sublime or off target. Yes he can play defence splitting passes but they are not frequent enough to be called a playmaker. It seems when he does a lung busting run that more often than not something comes of it but he ends up on the floor looking as though he has run a marathon instead of 60 yards. Looks knackered but seems to keep going for the full 90 mins. He has a great shot on him but doesn't take free kicks enough. If anyone else can explain what he does please feel free to add to the above. He is world class at what he does......... run that by me again:-)

Can't believe he really wants away back to Barca (Daily Express back page today). More London-based, rag-loving media propoganda attempting to unsettle our team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.