Ya Ya

TrueBlue1705 said:
nellyonthewing said:
Trouble is he's one of our greatest strengths and greatest weaknesses. Storming forward runs ,pressing ,keeping possession are great ,defensively for me he is a liability as its so easy to get past him with pace or a one two pass . Once your past him that's him out of the game. Defensively the two Fernds have to do his job when paired with him.
Pogba for Yaya and a left sided box to box midfielder for Nasri would make us so much stronger.

I've been saying the same as you for a long time but been hammered for it- in a two man midfield he just doesn't tick the boxes for me - in a three man midfield with two holders behind him he can make the difference in the attacking third against any team .... I just can't decide whether he is clueless defensively or thinks he's above it!! Probably the latter the prima donna that he is!!'

When it happens this will be the midfield that makes us genuine contenders for the CL.

Decc66 said:
TrueBlue1705 said:
nellyonthewing said:
Trouble is he's one of our greatest strengths and greatest weaknesses. Storming forward runs ,pressing ,keeping possession are great ,defensively for me he is a liability as its so easy to get past him with pace or a one two pass . Once your past him that's him out of the game. Defensively the two Fernds have to do his job when paired with him.
Pogba for Yaya and a left sided box to box midfielder for Nasri would make us so much stronger.

I've been saying the same as you for a long time but been hammered for it- in a two man midfield he just doesn't tick the boxes for me - in a three man midfield with two holders behind him he can make the difference in the attacking third against any team .... I just can't decide whether he is clueless defensively or thinks he's above it!! Probably the latter the prima donna that he is!!'

When it happens this will be the midfield that makes us genuine contenders for the CL.

He's a big reason the club have never got to grips with the CL. The better midfields and footballing sides just play through us.

gazzaa2 said:
Decc66 said:
TrueBlue1705 said:

He's a big reason the club have never got to grips with the CL. The better midfields and footballing sides just play through us.
He's also THE MAIN reason we've won what we've won the last few years !

Been a great player for us over the years but there signs this season that he is not quite the force of old and it may be time to consider a change. getting a like for like replacement is virtually impossible as the only one I can see is Pogba and everyone wants him so a mass bidding war will ensue. Someone like Pjanic from Roma looks a good alternative and although not a box to box type he would alow Silva or Nasri to play in behind the striker in a 4/5/1 formation, it's a different style of play for us but one which would make City much harder to overrun in midfield

Andy Morrisons jock strap said:
Been a great player for us over the years but there signs this season that he is not quite the force of old and it may be time to consider a change. getting a like for like replacement is virtually impossible as the only one I can see is Pogba and everyone wants him so a mass bidding war will ensue. Someone like Pjanic from Roma looks a good alternative and although not a box to box type he would alow Silva or Nasri to play in behind the striker in a 4/5/1 formation, it's a different style of play for us but one which would make City much harder to overrun in midfield

Lord have mercy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.