Ya Ya

bluechampion7891 said:
ElanJo said:
Yaya should be kept and moved into AM with Pogba coming in to partner the Ferns in CM.

In a couple of seasons we can bring in someone like Barkley to properly replace Yaya.

oe we could get Pogba, move Silva to AM, and buy Reus and/or Sterling. Goals, dribbles, pace, power, creativity, youth, experience, complete blend in Midfield

or we could keep the best midfielder in the PL last season and not make knee jerk reactions.

Some people are ignoring the fact that Yaya tends to start seasons slowly. Probably the same people moaning about him last year are the same people moaning now, only more aggressively and mainly because of cakegate

ElanJo said:
bluechampion7891 said:
ElanJo said:
Yaya should be kept and moved into AM with Pogba coming in to partner the Ferns in CM.

In a couple of seasons we can bring in someone like Barkley to properly replace Yaya.

oe we could get Pogba, move Silva to AM, and buy Reus and/or Sterling. Goals, dribbles, pace, power, creativity, youth, experience, complete blend in Midfield

or we could keep the best midfielder in the PL last season and not make knee jerk reactions.

Some people are ignoring the fact that Yaya tends to start seasons slowly. Probably the same people moaning about him last year are the same people moaning now, only more aggressively and mainly because of cakegate

really, I remember Yaya being superb last season right from the start.

ElanJo said:
bluechampion7891 said:
ElanJo said:

He may have started the season slowly, or he may have an issue with the club. Whatever it is, he did little to clear away the doubts he put into supporter's heads, and each substandard performance he now produces will do nothing to restore the faith that many supporters have lost in him since cakegate.

Yaya is old, period! I was pro selling him after his magical season last time out. His value couldn't have been higher at the time. The fact that he threw a tantrum also meant we would have had clean hands selling him.
Yaya simply doesn't have the legs or lungs to make those devastating runs he used to. And when he is not scoring free kicks or penalties, he is simply a one touch passing machine with an aversion to consistent defending.

Age has made that aversion worse. Fabregas should have replaced Yaya this season. We were never going to have the dominant runs anymore anyway, so we should have replaced Yaya with a better creator who was home grown. This one was a no brainer.

Another no brainer is replacing Nasri with a true left mid with pace and touch. It's been a no brainer for 3 years. Nasri should be a ball possession Central midfielder not a winger.

And for what it's worth I don't think Reus is that winger.

He's not old.....granted he's on the decline but not to the degree his form and effort is currently showing,age is an awful excuse.

As for Nasri,i completely agree,ive never been convinced he's the right fit for us.

Who would you rather than Reus,Sterling?

Dax777 said:
Yaya is old, period! I was pro selling him after his magical season last time out. His value couldn't have been higher at the time. The fact that he threw a tantrum also meant we would have had clean hands selling him.
Yaya simply doesn't have the legs or lungs to make those devastating runs he used to. And when he is not scoring free kicks or penalties, he is simply a one touch passing machine with an aversion to consistent defending.

Age has made that aversion worse. Fabregas should have replaced Yaya this season. We were never going to have the dominant runs anymore anyway, so we should have replaced Yaya with a better creator who was home grown. This one was a no brainer.

Another no brainer is replacing Nasri with a true left mid with pace and touch. It's been a no brainer for 3 years. Nasri should be a ball possession Central midfielder not a winger.

And for what it's worth I don't think Reus is that winger.

Because over the course of the summer, Yayas psychic changed drastically? No, not really. He had a tough summer with WC, his brother etc, give the guy a break, he'll be back at his best!

FantasyIreland said:
He's not old.....granted he's on the decline but not to the degree his form and effort is currently showing,age is an awful excuse.

As for Nasri,i completely agree,ive never been convinced he's the right fit for us.

By old, I did meant on the decline. So half assed performances should not be surprising. Sterling? yes! Fits the bill. Reus, I keep telling folks he is a great mix between Shurrle and Jovetic . Great player who will make us better, but he is not the speed/skill guy we need out wide. He is more of an allrounded all attack German attacking midfielder. Frankly if we got him, I'd hope we sell Jovetic as we'd simply be getting an improved version of him and not a skilled wide player.

Dax777 said:
FantasyIreland said:

By old, I did meant on the decline. So half assed performances should not be surprising. Sterling? yes! Fits the bill. Reus, I keep telling folks he is a great mix between Shurrle and Jovetic . Great player who will make us better, but he is not the speed/skill guy we need out wide. He is more of an allrounded all attack German attacking midfielder. Frankly if we got him, I'd hope we sell Jovetic as we'd simply be getting an improved version of him and not a skilled wide player.

Reus can operate in either a wide role or behind a striker which would mean him and Jovetic are very similar. It'd be a shame to let Stefan go but if were basing it on ability Reus wins.

Sleeping_Easy said:
Dax777 said:
FantasyIreland said:

Reus can operate in either a wide role or behind a striker which would mean him and Jovetic are very similar. It'd be a shame to let Stefan go but if were basing it on ability Reus wins.

Spot On, it's been said by a few on here for the past couple of seasons, there will come a time when we have to replace Yaya due to his age and can we bring in a younger player who can bring to City a little of what Yaya does. Pogba is the player who ticks the boxes, he might not have the range of passing Yaya does, but he has the engine to invigorate our midfield and drive us forward at pace. We might be better at getting at teams on the counter with Pogba over Yaya.

As for Reus, he would bring us a much more direct style of play than Nasri, and buying a star German player could open the door for us buying a few more German players in the future.

Yaya has made noises about leaving in each of the last three summer windows, I believe next summer is the time to cash in, he'll be approaching his 33rd birthday and we can still get a fee, especially of the teams who are desperate for a powerful midfielder to prop up their team for a year or two. We know how good Toure can be, but we also know how he can go missing for a time in games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.