Yan Couto

Status
Not open for further replies.
When do the new loan rules begin. I thought the maximum was to be 8.
We must have much more than that out and about
Isn’t the maximum related to age? I seem to remember under a certain age you can still loan out more?

New rules coming out, I don't know them.
This season or next season
Yeah I know, just checked & its 8 in or out per season for players over the age of 22, which will be reduced to 6 the season after

Players Under the age of 22, there’s no restriction. It’s next season I think

Exactly my take. Probably got knocked back on a work permit

With us leaving the EU, how does him playing in Spain, outside of giving a better opportunity to get into his national team*, give him a chance if a UK passport?

*I can't see him playing fr Brazil at this stage anyway becuase if he was good enough for them he'd be good enough to compete for a squad place with us

The kid got conned it seems. Bayern Barca promised first team spot. Here we are sending him on loan to Spain 2nd tier

The kid got conned it seems. Bayern Barca promised first team spot. Here we are sending him on loan to Spain 2nd tier

The idea that he's good enough to play for Bayern, Real Madrid and City yet Girona are his only viable option is the for birds, as far as I'm concerned

Who is this guy? Cafu. No. He's a young full-back who is highly rated it seems but that is all - let's see if he can get into Girona's team before we start woryying about him getting the hump becuase he's not gone to Bayern or the like

I think you're absolutely deluded if you think that agents will be stopping clients moving to one of the biggest clubs in the world because of some comments made by the now infamous, Yan Couto.

You've created a complete strawman.That's not what the choice is. The choice is between Juventus, Real Madrid, Barcelona...or Manchester City. No one is stopping a client moving to one of the biggest clubs in the world, they're picking from which one they want.

And don't embarass yourself by claiming Madrid don't have a track record. Look at Casemiro, Fede Valverde, Carvajal, Asensio, Mariano, Lucas Vazquez, Rodrygo, Vinicius. Half their fucking squad is players they bought very young and either incubated in Castilla or loaned/sold with very low buybacks.

That's why Brahim went there, because when City said "we'll loan you out and bring you back", he didn't believe it, because it's never happened. When Madrid said they'd do it, he looked at Casemiro, vice captain of Madrid. He looked at Dani Carvajal's 3 CL medals, Marco Asensio's 10 trophies... and he believed that he'd come back to Madrid after a loan because they've got a record of doing it.

Who have City brought through in similar circumstances? Zinchenko maybe?

You talk as if you have been privy to the conversations going on between Pep and these players. Things change in life.
What promises have been broken to young players?

Denayer was told he would be in the first team so that he signed a contract, then he got farmed out on loan for 3 years. Angelino turned down a €25m transfer to PSG because City really wanted him back...except surprise surprise Pep still didn't like him and he left 4 months later, and went on to the CL semi-finals and being in the team of the tournament. Both players have spoken negatively about what happened to them publicly.

People are going to notice these things. Couto could not have been more clear. He was offered a CFG transfer with a loan for a few years and he turned it down because Bayern and Barcelona were offering first team places. Pep called him, promised him first team action, and he signed for City. He's come out and said all of this himself, so we don't need to guess what the plan was.

We do better than pretty much everyone, we bring in youngsters and provide them with a platform that pretty much no other clubs can offer

At this point it becomes apparent you're speaking from a place of complete and utter ignorance, and are just defending the club for the sake of defending the club because how dare someone say something bad about them.

Last edited:
The loan system is there for a reason.

But bloody Girona? not one of those loabs has worked out, for us Or the players that went there. Disappointed.

Also, someone mentioned Muric had gone there? Why, keep him in the country, get him to count as home grown! he spent a season with us ffs as our number 2, surely he can do better than bloody girona.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.