Yan Couto

Status
Not open for further replies.
You integrate players who you think are good enough. City clearly believe none of the ones we have had on loan are. What's the problem?

As for 'promising them chances'. None of us know the intricacies of the discussions. We have been buying and selling at this level for a decade now. We are still hoovering up talent across the world so clearly the so called reputation that some on here think we have doesn't exist.

I wonder if Gabriel Jesus sat in Brazil thinking about what happened to Denayer before he signed. Maybe Zack Steffen should have checked how we treated Angelino and should have turned down the chance of a lifetime when he accepted City's contract.

Except that we don't give them chances, or a consistent run of games to prove it here, even when the loans are successful. Then what is the point of the loan, other than to sell for profit later. This ties into the problem of both the players and sometimes their agents saying they would get gametime but not have City deliver, Couto most recently even said it.

Gabriel Jesus was Brazil's number 9 before we bought him, he even replaced Aguero when we brought him in. Obviously buying players for the first team is great and has absolutely nothing to do with what people are talking about.

Couto only played at the academy level mostly, he was clearly not a 1st choice buy. He made a terrible mistake coming here.

Funny you bring up Zack Steffen, chose to be 2nd choice to Ederson rather than 1st choice elsewhere, terrible mistake also.

I am not suggesting he goes straight into our first team, only that he is given the opportunity to play some minutes.

I was replying to the nonsense youtube cliché that because Samaras etc looked ok, anyone else who looks good is therefore likely to be shit.

Not sure why Cancelo having to wait getting a game for City means Couto isn't allowed to play at some point ? Isn't he our left back currently ?

And seeing as Garcia, who currently lacks most of the basic elements in his game, of a Premier League defender, is considered 'safe' to use in a crucial position, I can't see any possible excuse, for a talented young player with pace & skill, who can play out wide, not being given a few minutes here and there. It's much less of a risk.

Unless he doesn't settle of course, which is fair enough.

But he was signed, as the best young player in the world in his position, by Pep personally persuading him to come & try out for our first team, rather than play elsewhere

So that means he should be training with a view to playing, not loaned out.

I did tell you he would be going out on loan.

His complete lack of minutes at senior level was the biggest indicator for me.

To throw a young lad in after no experience whatsoever at a good level would be criminal.

Gabriel Jesus had won a league title with Palmeiras and represented his country before he kicked a ball for City. Yan Couto was NEVER going to be considered for the first team, not this season anyway.

Hope he does well at Girona and i hope he does turn out a gem. Maybe next season, or the season after that.

I did tell you he would be going out on loan.

His complete lack of minutes at senior level was the biggest indicator for me.

To throw a young lad in after no experience whatsoever at a good level would be criminal.

Gabriel Jesus had won a league title with Palmeiras and represented his country before he kicked a ball for City. Yan Couto was NEVER going to be considered for the first team, not this season anyway.

Hope he does well at Girona and i hope he does turn out a gem. Maybe next season, or the season after that.
Next season or beyond that we will buy another expensive RB who will cost more than €40m

Anybody who thinks we promise anybody a first team spot, regardless of their ability, is crackers.

That's a bit of a strange comment because I'm sure we promise quite a few players a first team spot. Players look for those assurances of their place as part of their negotiations.

This guy is on record as saying that he turned us down initially because he didn't fancy joining only to be loaned out and claims he had offers from other big clubs which included a first team spot.

He could’ve started in front of Cancelo for me.
Based on what mate? The lad's just turned 18, barely anyone's seen him play, and he'd need loads of time to improve and develop, it's good that a loan at Girona can possibly allow him minutes. If he does well we can call him back, barring any hurdles.

Based on what mate? The lad's just turned 18, barely anyone's seen him play, and he'd need loads of time to improve and develop, it's good that a loan at Girona can possibly allow him minutes. If he does well we can call him back, barring any hurdles.
Based on the fact I don’t rate Cancelo, haven’t seen him have a dcecent game at RB in a city shirt and I’d happily see us give the kid a shot. He could be dump but imho so is Cancelo so not a lot to lose by giving him a go.

That's a bit of a strange comment because I'm sure we promise quite a few players a first team spot. Players look for those assurances of their place as part of their negotiations.

This guy is on record as saying that he turned us down initially because he didn't fancy joining only to be loaned out and claims he had offers from other big clubs which included a first team spot.
Offers from "big" clubs then is farmed out to a small Spanish 2nd division club!

Based on the fact I don’t rate Cancelo, haven’t seen him have a dcecent game at RB in a city shirt and I’d happily see us give the kid a shot. He could be dump but imho so is Cancelo so not a lot to lose by giving him a go.
That's fair, but put it this way, it's hard to get games when Walker is fit, you cannot just add a 3rd right back to the squad when Cancelo was just bought in last year. I know a lot of people don't rate him, but I think in due course people will see his quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.